The easiest, 3 ingredient chocolate sauce recipe ever! Full of chocolate flavor and made only with pantry ingredients. Who could resist?
I’ll be honest with you. I’ve been making this chocolate sauce recipe for so long and I have no idea why I haven’t shared it on the blog before. It’s one of the easiest recipes I make and is a guaranteed hit with everyone I serve it to. It’s become such a staple in our home that I always have a jar of this rich, fudgy sauce in the fridge. This recipe is perfect served over ice cream and brownies and makes Saturday morning pancakes just that little bit more indulgent.
Table of Contents
How to make chocolate sauce
- It really couldn’t be easier. Whisk together a can of sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and heavy or whipping cream together in a small saucepan.
- Set over medium-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer, whisking continuously. Allow the sauce to cook for a few minutes until thickened then pour through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer to a serving dish, bowl or jar.
- Serve warm over ice cream or store covered in the fridge.
Can I make chocolate sauce ahead?
Yes, this sauce can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and kept covered in the fridge. To reheat, gently warm the sauce in a saucepan, stirring continuously until warmed through. I wouldn’t recommend freezing this chocolate sauce as the condensed milk and cream might not thaw well and could curdle once defrosted.
Easy chocolate sauce
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy / whipping cream
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Whisk together the ingredients in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer then cook for a few minutes while stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer and transfer to a serving bowl or jar.
- Serve warm or store covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.