Chicken and Mushroom baked pasta
This Chicken and Mushroom baked pasta is a great weeknight dinner and perfect for feeding a crowd.
In our house, pasta is a regular feature. We have it at least once a week. It’s such a good canvas for almost anything you can think of. I like doing bakes pastas every now and I made this chicken and mushroom baked pasta a few weeks ago to the delight of my family.
The entire dish was gobbled up in minutes and I was immediately asked when I’ll be making it again. It was a totally delicious, easy dinner recipe and perfect served with a crunchy salad.
500g Chicken breasts, cubed
250g mushrooms, sliced
700ml Chicken stock
125ml cream/milk mixed with 2tbsn maizena
1/2 tsp dried thyme (use fresh if you have)
1 tsp paprika
1tsp mustard powder (use whichever mustard you have in the house)
1tsp Crushed Chilli
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheese
500g cooked pasta (I used spirals)
- In a saucepan, fry the cubed chicken in some oil until golden. Add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream/milk mix and allow to thicken.
- Add all the flavourings and mix with the cooked pasta.
- Transfer to a oven-proof dish and scatter the grated cheese over.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes until the cheese is golden.