These easy cranberry and Brie pastry puffs are the perfect canapé to serve with drinks at your holiday party and they’re sure to be a hit!
So, we all know that anything pastry is a hit at a party. Whether it’s pigs in a blanket served with maple-mustard dipping sauce or Broccoli puffs, pastry is always a winner. I took inspiration from my Cranberry and Brie pastry wreath and mimicked the flavours that work so well together but tied it all up in a bite-sized pastry package. How cute?
Cranberry and Brie are two of my favourite festive combinations and by using shop-bought cranberry sauce (feel free to use home-made if you have it at hand), Brie cheese (because it gets baked you don’t have to worry about buying the most expensive French cheese you can find…keep that for the cheeseboard) and a roll of frozen puff pastry you are guaranteed big reward for very little effort.
What makes this recipe even better is that it’s the kind of thing you can assemble a day ahead and keep chilled (and wrapped) in the fridge until you’re ready to bake and serve. It takes all the work out of entertaining and goodness knows, we all need more of that now that the holidays are fast approaching. No more hostesses crying into their wine in the kitchen!
What are good appetizers for Christmas party?
- Antipasto wreath
- Berry baked Brie
- Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs
- Cheesy puff pastry jalapeño bites
- Cranberry and brie puff pastry wreath
- Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce
Easy Cranberry Brie Pastry Puffs
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 x 100g Brie cheese cut into 12 cubes
- 1 roll frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to approximately ½cm thickness.
- Cut the pastry into 12 equal squares.
- Press the squares into a shallow 12-hole shallow pastry/muffin pan.
- Place a teaspoon of cranberry sauce followed by a cube of Brie cheese onto each piece of pastry.
- Gently gather the corners and pinch together.
- Brush with the beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing from the pan and placing onto a serving dish.
- Serve warm.
Can you freeze these? I have family coming and want to get ahead of it.
I haven’t tested it and I’m not sure how the brie will thaw, to be honest.
These were AMAZING but the puff pastry I used was way too small for the size of the Brie chunks!! Soooo it meted all over the pan and dripped into the bottom of the oven and started a little fire 🙂 nothing to panic about…but definitely make sure that your puff pastry actually HOLDS all the filling, maybe even pinching all edges shut is a good idea too!!
Can you make this one day or two ahead like the wreath version? Have you tried putting chopped nuts in this one as well?!?!
Yes you can prep them in advance, and you could definitely add nuts.
About how big should I cut the squares? I get my pastry from a local bakery and the dimensions are not the same as the grocery store ones. Thanks!
Loved your cranberry Brie wreath and the ham and cheese pinwheels I made at the last minute on Christmas morning with the extra dough! So easy and everyone thought I was a culinary genius (definitely am not!)
I cut the entire pan into 9 squares but that was quite large. I would cut them into 12 squares or around 5cmx5cm.
I’m so glad you liked all the other rrcipes!
It looks as if the cranberry sauce has the whole berries in it, is that correct? I have to make these, they sound so delicious.
The brand I use does but you can use any cranberry condiment you love.
My mom bakes almost the same pastry puffs. They are really delicious and tasty.
Thank you. I prefer with cranberries for some texture.
OMG those look simply divine!!
They totally are!
I’m sorry this doesn’t work at 180′ in this universe. I’ve raised the heat and added 10 min & its still not brown.
It’s 180ºC (Celsius/Centigrade)
These are so cute and look really delicious!
Thanks Sabrina! 🙂
Laura | Tutti Dolci
I love these puffs, such a perfect appetizer idea!
They are SO great for the holidays.
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
I’m always looking for easy appetizer recipes for the holidays Alida! These look soooo yummy!
You will LOVE these Mary Ann!