Table of Contents
These easy cranberry and Brie pastry puffs are the perfect canapé to serve with drinks at your holiday party and they’re sure to be a hit!
So, we all know that anything pastry is a hit at a party. Whether it’s pigs in a blanket served with maple-mustard dipping sauce or Broccoli puffs, pastry is always a winner. I took inspiration from my Cranberry and Brie pastry wreath and mimicked the flavours that work so well together but tied it all up in a bite-sized pastry package. How cute?
Cranberry and Brie are two of my favourite festive combinations and by using shop-bought cranberry sauce (feel free to use home-made if you have it at hand), Brie cheese (because it gets baked you don’t have to worry about buying the most expensive French cheese you can find…keep that for the cheeseboard) and a roll of frozen puff pastry you are guaranteed big reward for very little effort.
What makes this recipe even better is that it’s the kind of thing you can assemble a day ahead and keep chilled (and wrapped) in the fridge until you’re ready to bake and serve. It takes all the work out of entertaining and goodness knows, we all need more of that now that the holidays are fast approaching. No more hostesses crying into their wine in the kitchen!
What are good appetizers for Christmas party?
- Easy Baked Brie
- Antipasto wreath
- Berry baked Brie
- Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs
- Cheesy puff pastry jalapeño bites
- Cranberry and brie puff pastry wreath
- Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce
Easy Cranberry Brie Pastry Puffs
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 x 100g Brie cheese cut into 12 cubes
- 1 roll frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to approximately ½cm thickness.
- Cut the pastry into 12 equal squares.
- Press the squares into a shallow 12-hole shallow pastry/muffin pan.
- Place a teaspoon of cranberry sauce followed by a cube of Brie cheese onto each piece of pastry.
- Gently gather the corners and pinch together.
- Brush with the beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing from the pan and placing onto a serving dish.
- Serve warm.