Table of Contents
- 0.1 Ham and cheese pastry pinwheels are a great, easy appetizer that are sure to be a crowd favorite at your holiday parties.
- 1 How do you make pastry pinwheels?
- 2 Can you freeze puff pastry pinwheels?
- 3 Ham and cheese pastry pinwheels
- 4 Cranberry and brie puff pastry wreath
- 6 Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce
Ham and cheese pastry pinwheels are a great, easy appetizer that are sure to be a crowd favorite at your holiday parties.
I love these easy ham and cheese pastry pinwheels because not only are they absolutely delicious, they are also a guaranteed crowd pleaser at any party they’re served at. In fact, they are so loved that my kids now even ask for them for lunch regularly. And I happily oblige because they take mere minutes to make and that crisp, golden pastry filled with ham, melted cheese and spices is just too good to resist.
How do you make pastry pinwheels?
Lay a sheet of thawed puff pastry onto a chopping board. Add slices of smoked ham/deli meat followed by grated cheese (cheddar or gruyere work well). Add spices and season to taste then roll up tightly. Slice into 12 even slices and place into a muffin tray lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden brown and cooked through.
Can you freeze puff pastry pinwheels?
Yes, you can. Prepare the pinwheels all the way up to baking. Place them in a single layer in a freezer-safe container then freeze until solid. Once frozen they can be transferred to a freezer bag and frozen for up to a month. Bake straight from frozen.
Ham and cheese pastry pinwheels
- 400 g puff pastry roll thawed
- 100 g sliced ham
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Place parchment disks into the bottoms of a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a chopping board then layer on the ham and grated cheese. Season with spices, salt and pepper.
- Roll into a tight roll and slice into 12 even pieces.
- Brush the rolls with beaten egg.
- Place the pinwheels into the prepared muffin tray and place into the oven.
- Allow to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, gently lift from the muffin tray and serve.