Easy lemon garlic mushroom pasta is perfect for busy weeknights or when you just need to curl up on the couch with a bowl of creamy pasta.
Creamy garlic mushroom pasta is an absolute fail-safe staple in my cooking repertoire. It’s the kind of recipe I know my family will love and will eat happily PLUS it takes almost zero effort from me. Something that is coming in very handy as we are heading into our busy season.
It’s also great that this mushroom pasta requires only a handful of ingredients, most of which I always have in my pantry/fridge anyway. We are big fans of mushrooms so there’s always a punnet or two waiting to be used and what’s a pantry without pasta? I used fettucini here but you could use absolutely any shape of pasta you want. I’ve made it using penne, rigatoni, spaghetti and farfalle so honestly, anything goes.
We’re eating more and more vegetarian meals lately and easy recipes like this one makes it just so much easier. But of course, you could totally add chicken, bacon or cubes of ham to the sauce if you preferred something a little meatier. You could also add other vegetables, which makes this a great recipe for clearing the fridge. Zucchini/courgette, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and peas will all work well.
How to make quick and easy creamy garlic mushroom pasta
All-in-all, this recipe as is shouldn’t take you more than 20 minutes to pull together. I put the kettle on while I heat the pasta pot and pan for the sauce. Start prepping the mushrooms, garlic, lemon and parmesan and then pour the hot water into the pasta pot to start boiling. Start the sauce while the pasta is cooking and by the time the pasta is done, so is the sauce. So easy, so delicious and a total winner for busy weeknight meals.
Easy creamy lemon garlic mushroom pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup cream 250ml
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 500 g pasta cooked (reserve some of the cooking water)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan then fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute before pouring in the cream.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then add the lemon zest and juice and simmer for another minute or two until slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- Add the parsley and Parmesan and allow the cheese to melt before adding the pasta (reserve some of the pasta cooking water to add to the sauce).
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, adding reserved pasta cooking water as needed. You want the pasta to be coated in the sauce and for the sauce to not be too thick.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan and parsley and serve.