Juicy roasted mushrooms flavored with garlic, herbs and butter is the perfect easy side dish or served on toast for an easy breakfast.
Table of Contents
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Mushrooms. I used portabello mushroom caps but you can use any mushrooms for this recipe.
- Butter. Replace the butter with olive oil or a vegan butter if preferred.
- Fresh garlic.
- Fresh parsley.
- Chilli flakes.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to roast mushrooms
- Prepare: Preheat the oven then place the mushrooms in a sheet pan. Pour over the melted butter then add the garlic, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roast: Place the mushrooms in the oven and allow to roast for 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve.
How long to roast mushrooms
Depending on the size of your mushrooms, they shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes in a hot oven. You also want to make sure the garlic is cooked through so 10-15 minutes at 200ºC/390ºF should be perfect.
Can I make roasted mushrooms in advance?
You can prep the mushrooms completely (without roasting) and cover with foil then leave at room at room temperature for up to 3 hours or refrigerate overnight. Uncover and roast as instructed.
What to serve with roasted mushrooms
Easy Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- 750 g (1½lbs) mushrooms
- ½ cup melted butter
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped/crushed
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place the mushrooms in a sheet pan.
- Pour over the melted butter then add the garlic, herbs, chilli flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven and allow to roast for 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve.