This homemade garlic butter sauce recipe is super simple to make and absolutely irresistible. Perfect served over anything from fish and seafood to pasta and vegetables.
We all need a few fail-safe sauce recipes in our recipe repertoire that turn boring everyday ingredients into showstoppers. This garlic butter sauce is exactly that. All you need is 5 simple ingredients and you have a sauce so delicious, it will make anything taste better.
- Fresh garlic cloves. I usually use my micro plain to mince the garlic but you can use a garlic crusher or a sharp knife too.
- Butter. I used salted butter but unsalted butter can also be used.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Fresh parsley. Other fresh herbs like oregano, sage, thyme or chives will also be delicious.
- Salt and black pepper.
How to make garlic butter sauce
Making garlic butter sauce goes fast so have all your ingredients prepped before you start. In a medium pan or small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic, lemon juice and parsley. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic has softened but take care not to allow it to brown as this will cause a bitter taste. Season the sauce with a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
This easy garlic butter sauce is so versatile. My favorite ways of serving it is over seared fish and with seafood like shrimp or lobster but it’s equally delicious with steak, pork and chicken or stirred through al dente pasta. It’s also a game changer when served with vegetables.
Easy sauce recipes
Easy Garlic butter sauce
- 1 cup butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small saucepan or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and allow to melt.
- Once melted, add the minced garlic, lemon juice and chopped parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic has softened. Watch it closely as the garlic can quickly burn and become bitter.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper then serve.
Daniel M Devitt
Family loved it, even made without lemon version… with won