These easy pickled radishes are quick to make and will enhance any food you serve it with. Perfectly sweet, tangy and delicious!
This pickled radish recipe is from the Ball® jars website and could not be easier. You simply slice up the raw, washed radishes, place them in a jar and fill them with the hot pickling liquid. It takes a few minutes to prepare but then the hard part comes. Waiting for them to pickle. But it is SO worth it because these easy quick pickled radishes are absolute perfection. They are sharp, bright and zingy and add such beautiful color and flavor to anything you serve them with.
It’s also a great home-made gift. Can you even imagine a more perfect hostess gift? Didn’t think so!
Table of Contents
- Fresh radishes.
- White vinegar/apple cider vinegar.
- Spices: Mustard seeds, black peppercorns/cracked black pepper, bay leaf, red pepper flakes/chilli flakes, salt.
How to pickle radishes
- Prepare the radishes: Wash radishes well and remove leaves and stems. Slice the radishes thinly with a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer and place in a sterilized jar.
- Make the pickling liquid: Heat vinegar, spices, sugar and salt in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves then pour the brine over the sliced radishes.
- Seal and store: Seal the jar and allow to cool. Allow the radishes to pickle for at least 2-3 days but up to 4 months in the fridge.
How long do pickled radishes last?
Pickled radishes will last for approximately 4 months, unopened, in the fridge. Once opened, use within 1-2 weeks and keep refrigerated.
What to serve with pickled radishes?
Pickled radishes are excellent on sandwiches, on avocado toast, in wraps or tacos and in salads and make a delicious addition to cheese boards and charcuterie platters. They’re also a delicious side dish to rich dishes like fried chicken.
Easy pickled radishes
- 1 bunch radishes about a 1/2 pound, stem and root ends removed and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar 5% acidity
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper optional
- Place radishes in a hot, sterilised 1-pint jar. Bring vinegar, sugar, water, salt, spices and bay leaf to a boil in an enameled saucepan
- Ladle hot pickling liquid over radishes. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Let cool on a wire rack ( about 1 hour). Chill 6 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 4 months.
This recipe is from Ball® jars and their website and was originally posted in 2016.