This easy pickled radish recipe is quick to make and will enhance any food you serve it with. Perfectly sweet & tangy, pickled radishes are a great pickle to have in the fridge.
I am having a bit of a moment with pickles. Something pickled lands up on my plate at least once a day and I simply can not get enough. I just love how pickled foods enhance anything else you serve it with. Pickled jalapeños on a rich fish taco add just the right amount of acid and heat to cut through the deep-fried fish. Pickled cucumbers on a burger do the same and these pickled radishes add bright zing to anything you serve it with. It’s pretty clear why the whole world has gone a bit crazy for pickles.
This pickled radish recipe is from the Ball® jars website and could not be easier. You simply slice up the raw, washed radishes, place them in a jar and fill them with the hot pickling liquid. It takes a few minutes to prepare but then the hard part comes. Waiting for them to pickle. But it is SO worth it because these easy pickled radishes are absolute perfection. They are sharp, bright and zingy and add such beautiful color and flavor to anything you serve them with.
It’s also a great home-made gift. Can you even imagine a more perfect hostess gift? Didn’t think so!
How to pickle radishes
Wash radishes well and remove leaves and stems. Slice the radishes thinly and place in a sterilized jar. Heat vinegar, spices, sugar and salt in a saucepan until boiling then pour over the radishes. Seal the jar and allow to cool. Allow the radishes to pickle for at least 2-3 days but up to 4 months.
How long do pickled radishes last?
Pickled radishes will last for approximately 4 months, unopened, in the fridge. Once opened, use within 1-2 weeks and keep refrigerated.
What to serve with pickled radishes?
Pickled radishes are excellent on sandwiches, in wraps and in salads and make a delicious addition to cheese boards and charcuterie platters.
More preserve and pickle recipes you will love:
Easy pickled radishes
- 1 bunch radishes about a 1/2 pound, stem and root ends removed and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar 5% acidity
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper optional
- Place radishes in a hot, sterilised 1-pint jar. Bring vinegar, sugar, water, salt, spices and bay leaf to a boil in an enameled saucepan
- Ladle hot pickling liquid over radishes. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Let cool on a wire rack ( about 1 hour). Chill 6 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 4 months.
This recipe is from Ball® jars and their website and was originally posted in 2016.