Easy pickled radishes
This easy pickled radish recipe is quick to make and will enhance any food you serve it with. Perfectly sweet & tangy, pickled radishes are a great pickle to have in the fridge.
I am having a bit of a moment with pickles. Something pickled lands up on my plate at least once a day and I simply can not get enough. I just love how pickled foods enhance anything else you serve it with. Pickled jalapeños on a rich fish taco add just the right amount of acid and heat to cut through the deep-fried fish. Pickled cucumbers on a burger do the same and these pickled radishes add bright zing to anything you serve it with. It’s pretty clear why the whole world has gone a bit crazy for pickles.
The best part of pickles is that they are SO easy to make yourself. All you need is a jar, the vegetable you’d like to pickle and pickling liquid. The jars in question are of course beautiful Ball® jars. They are absolutely iconic and I think (don’t quote me on this) that they actually make the pickles taste better.
This pickled radish recipe is from the Ball® jars website and could not be easier. You simply slice up the raw, washed radishes, place them in a jar and fill them with the hot pickling liquid. It takes a few minutes to prepare but then the hard part comes. Waiting for them to pickle. But it is SO worth it because these easy pickled radishes are absolute perfection. They are sharp, bright and zingy and add such beautiful color and flavor to anything you serve them with.
It’s also a great home-made gift. Can you even imagine a more perfect hostess gift? Didn’t think so!
Easy pickled radishes
- 1 bunch radishes about a 1/2 pound, stem and root ends removed and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar 5% acidity
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper optional
- Place radishes in a hot, sterilised 1-pint jar. Bring vinegar, sugar, water, salt, spices and bay leaf to a boil in an enameled saucepan
- Ladle hot pickling liquid over radishes. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Let cool on a wire rack ( about 1 hour). Chill 6 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 4 months.
This post is sponsored by Ball® jars. The recipe is one from their website www.freshpreserving.co.za. All words, images and opinions are my own.
Have you tried this recipe? Please leave a comment and rate the recipe below.