Rosemary-crusted creamy chicken pasta is a great, easy recipe for fuss-free weeknight dinners and is elegant enough to serve to guests at a dinner party.
Oh hi there glorious creamy chicken pasta. You guys. This pasta recipe is so crazy-good, I can’t wait for you to try it.
The idea for this rosemary cream chicken pasta recipe was born one night when I had very little to work with for dinner (there seems to be a running theme when it comes to my recipes). I wanted something super savory and delicious but didn’t have much in the fridge/pantry and even less want to stand in front of the stove for long.
I grabbed a pack of chicken breasts and the rest just kind of fell in place. I halved the chicken breasts to cut-down on the cooking time and seasoned them generously with fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. A quick fry in a hot pan resulted in gorgeously golden, fragrant chicken. After removing them from the pan I added some stock (although wine would be equally good) and once that had reduced a little stirred in some garlic. I wanted the garlic to be mellow so I didn’t fry it first and then added a good glug of cream, lemon juice and s+p.
The sauce was so good, I could drink it! I sliced the chicken and tossed it with the pasta and sauce and honestly, I could eat this chicken pasta every day. So savory, so easy and completely delicious.
Rosemary cream chicken pasta
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets halved horizontally
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the cream sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock/wine
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- Parmesan to serve
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the stalks and finely chop.
- Slice the chicken in half horizontally, resulting in two thin chicken fillets.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and season well with the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken in a hot pan until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and scrape the bottom to release all the caramelized bits.
- Allow the stock to simmer and reduce for 2 minutes then add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the cream and lemon juice and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Slice the chicken and add to cooked pasta then pour over the sauce and toss well. Add grated parmesan and serve.