Summer fruit salad packed with juicy, ripe and colorful fruit dressed in a zingy lime-mint dressing makes the perfect easy, healthy breakfast.
I absolutely LOVE making this easy fruit salad recipe with lime-mint dressing at any chance I get. Breakfast parties, lazy lunches, health-ish desserts. This fruit salad has featured in them all. What I love so much about this fresh fruit salad is that it’s the kind of thing I make an hour or two before I plan on serving it and it just waits around patiently until I’m ready for it. I also get to use any and all the fruit I have in my fruit bowl and during summer that’s a LOT of fruit.
Stone fruit, fresh pineapple, juicy mangoes, kiwi fruit, berries, melons. They all make an appearance. This version was designed by my kids and includes all of their favorite fruit (except for watermelon, which they love). Raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, mango, grapes and fresh banana (added just before serving to prevent browning) make this the summeriest of fruit salads. I mean, just look at it. Don’t you want to dive right in?
How do you keep fruit salad fresh?
Keep fruit salad fresh by covering it tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container and storing in the fridge. Any dressing will soften the fruit so only dress right before serving.
How to keep apples and bananas from turning brown
Add a few teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to fruit salad to prevent apples and bananas from oxidizing and turning brown.
What goes in a fruit salad
- Watermelon / Cantaloupe / other melons
- Berries – Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Stonefruit – Plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries
- Kiwi fruit
- Citrus – Orange, clementine, grapefruit
- Passion fruit / Granadilla
How to serve summer fruit salad
- For breakfast with thick Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey
- As a simple dessert with vanilla bean ice cream
- As a quick and healthy snack.
Summer fruit salad with lime-mint dressing
- 1 large pineapple peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups grapes sliced, if preferred
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled and chopped
- 2 bananas sliced
for the lime-mint dressing
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- ½-1 teaspoon honey optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the banana just before serving to prevent browning.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the salad just before serving.