This recipe for air fryer sweet potatoes delivers perfectly cooked sweet potatoes that make the perfect side dish.
Table of Contents
- Sweet potatoes.
- Olive oil.
- Spices: Smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Honey. I like glazing the sweet potatoes in a little honey but this is optional. Maple syrup can be used instead.
How to air fry sweet potatoes
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes then toss with the olive oil and seasonings. Add the sweet potatoes to your air fryer basket then air fry at 375°F/190°C for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drizzle over a few tablespoons of honey then air fry for another 5 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and serve.
Can I make this ahead?
The sweet potatoes can be made up to 3 days ahead and reheated in the air fryer. Once cooked, transfer the sweet potatoes to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This is a delicious side dish for almost any protein and is also delicious added to salads, rice bowls, etc.
Cooking the sweet potatoes at too high temperature will cause the sugars in the potatoes to caramelize too quickly and the sweet potatoes will burn. Cook your sweet potatoes at a lower temperature until they are fork tender then increase the temperature to allow the edges to caramelize.
Sweet potato skin is edible and depending on the recipe, can be kept on. Simply scrub your sweet potatoes well before cooking, if you’re leaving the skins on.
Whole sweet potatoes will take 30-45 minutes to cook fully in an air fryer. Cubed sweet potatoes will take approximately 20-35 minutes.
Sweet potato recipes
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lb (1kg) sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp honey
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes then add to a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil then season with the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat then transfer the sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the sweet potatoes at 375°F/190°C for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drizzle over the honey and air fry for another 5 minutes until starting to caramelize.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve.