These cheesy zucchini fritters with corn are the perfect easy snack and make a delicious breakfast/brunch served with bacon and eggs.
Table of Contents
- Zucchini. Courgette/baby marrow. Summer squash can be substituted.
- Corn. I used frozen and thawed corn but fresh or canned will also work.
- Cheese. I used cheddar but Parmesan cheese or Gruyere will also work.
- Baking powder.
- Fresh herbs. I used chives and basil but fresh dill, parsley, green onions and mint can also be used. Other flavorings like fresh garlic/garlic powder can also be used.
- Olive oil.
How to make zucchini fritters
Dice the zucchini and set aside. You can also grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater but I prefer the texture of diced zucchini. If using shredded zucchini, I would still suggest sautéing to get rid of as much liquid as possible. Alternatively, squeeze the moisture out in a kitchen towel. Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and sauté the zucchini in a small splash of oil over until golden and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and whisk well. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Add the zucchini, corn, cheese and herbs and fold in. Heat approximately 1cm of oil in a pan set over medium heat. Add tablespoons of the batter and allow to fry for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp. Remove and allow to drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
What to serve with zucchini corn fritters
- Serve for brunch/breakfast with poached eggs and crispy bacon.
- These fritters are a delicious side dish to grilled chicken.
- Serve as a snack/appetizer with Tzatziki sauce or a Greek yogurt/sour creamdipping sauce.
Can I make this ahead?
The batter can be made the night before and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Cooked fritters can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat the fritters in a warm pan or air fryer for the best texture. Freeze the fritters for up to 3 months and thaw before reheating.
- Cauliflower and feta fritters
- Easy jalapeño corn pancakes
- Onion and feta fritters with sweet chilli soy dipping sauce
Cheesy Corn Zucchini Fritters
- 2 cups zucchini cubed
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil finely chopped
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dice the zucchini and saute in a small splash of oil over medium-high heat until golden and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl and whisk well. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Add the zucchini, corn, cheese and herbs and fold in.
- Heat approximately 1cm of oil in a pan set over medium heat.
- Add spoonfuls of the batter and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove and allow to drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices.