Easy grilled zucchini salad with charred corn, feta cheese and peppery arugula is a delicious, gluten free and vegetarian summer salad.
The side dishes are almost always the highlight of any summer gathering. Of course the grilled meat or fish is delicious, but salads made with summer fresh corn, zucchini, tomatoes and cucumbers are just too good to pass up. Add pepper leaves like arugula or rocket and creamy, salty cheese like feta or goat’s cheese and you have sides your guests will swoon over.
How to make zucchini salad
Slice fresh zucchini into thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over high heat. Grill the zucchini until golden brown on both sides with grill marks. Place the grilled zucchini in a large bowl and add charred or roasted corn, crumbled feta cheese (you can use goat’s cheese too) and fresh arugula (rocket). Dress simply with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve.
Can you make grilled zucchini salad in advance?
This salad can be made up to a day in advance. Just add the arugula before serving as the leaves will wilt and become soggy.
What to serve with zucchini salad
- Easy grilled steak
- Greek pork souvlaki
- Lemon herb chicken breasts
- White wine garlic salmon
- Peri peri grilled chicken thighs
- Zucchini feta crustless quiche
- Fresh Zucchini & Goat’s cheese Bruschetta
- Zucchini and mushroom carbonara
- Chicken Souvlaki with zucchini tzatziki
Corn and grilled zucchini salad
- 500 g (1lb) zucchini
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cups arugula / rocket
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the zucchini into thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil then grill in a grill pan until golden brown and charred on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and place in a large bowl.
- Add the corn to the hot pan and cook until golden brown.
- Place the charred corn into the bowl with the zucchini then add the crumbled feta cheese and fresh arugula (rocket).
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the salad and season to taste. Toss and serve.