This cranberry ginger mojito is the perfect festive cocktail and can be made in big jugs and served during your Christmas festivities.
This cranberry ginger mojito is such a fab Christmas cocktail. It’s got loads of festive flavour but is so easy to make. PLUS you can make it in huge batches. The cranberry and ginger syrup can easily be made a few days ahead and kept in the fridge and as all the flavor and magic of this cocktail is in the syrup, you could easily top it with ginger beer/soda water/lemonade and make virgin mojitos for the kids or your guests who don’t drink alcohol. So versatile!
How do you make a cranberry ginger mojito?
- Simmer the cranberries, sugar, water, ginger and lemon juice for 5 minutes. I prefer blending and straining the syrup to get rid of any cranberry seeds and skins but this is completely optional. Allow the syrup to cool completely.
- Fill serving glasses with plenty of ice then add some of the syrup. Top with rum and lime juice. Top up with soda water and finish with frozen cranberries, lime slices and mint before serving.
- To make a big batch, fill a large jug with ice then pour the syrup over. Top with rum, lime juice and soda water. Add the cranberries, mint and lime slices and serve.
Easy Christmas cocktails:
- Gingered cranberry poinsettia cocktails
- Christmas Cranberry Sangria
- Christmas-spiced White Russian
- Sparkling pear, cranberry & vodka cocktail
Cranberry and ginger mojito
for the cranberry and ginger syrup (Makes approximately 2 cups)
- 2 cups cranberries I used frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons grated ginger to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
for the Mojito
- 2 parts cranberry & ginger syrup
- 1-2 parts white rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- soda water/club soda
- frozen cranberries
- lime wedges
- fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- For the syrup, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture until smooth then strain to remove all the fruit pulp.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the mojito, pour syrup into the bottom of a tall glass, add ice, cranberries, mint leaves and lime wedges. Add the rum and top with soda water/club soda.