Tis the season to be jolly. And to drink Christmas-spiced White Russians because let me tell you, they’re damn delicious!
Christmas cocktails! YAY! I absolutely love a good cocktail but during the festive season, they seem to taste that much more delicious, don’t they? I don’t know if it’s the stress from finding perfect gifts or just the fact that it’s the end of the year but I appreciate a good cocktail so much more when December rolls around.
And today I have a treat for you because this Christmas-spiced White Russian recipe is an absolute hit. I mean, let’s face it, White Russians are always a good idea but when you add a Christmas-spiced syrup to the mix, you know we’re in for a party.
The spiced syrup can be made up to two weeks in advance and kept in a sealed container in the fridge making the assembly of this cocktail even easier. Make a single serving White Russian when your in-laws are stressing your out or a big jug to share with friends. Either way, we’re getting jolly, right?!
How do you make a White Russian?
Add ice to a short (Old Fashioned) glass then add vodka and Kahlua. Pour in spices syrup then top with a splash of heavy cream/whipping cream, stir and serve.
Christmas cocktail ideas:
- Gingered cranberry poinsettia cocktails
- Christmas Cranberry Sangria
- Cranberry and ginger mojito
- “Grown-up” hot chocolate
Christmas spiced White Russian
For the Christmas-spiced syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Milk & Cream mixture
- 2 cups full cream/whole milk
- 2 cups whipping/heavy cream
For the White Russian
- 1 part Christmas-spiced syrup
- 2 parts Kahlua/Coffee Liqueur
- 1 part Vodka
- 2 parts Milk & Cream mixture/ Half & Half
For the syrup, combine the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced then remove from the heat and cool.
- To make the White Russian, Place ice in a glass and pour in the spiced syrup. Top with Kahlua, Vodka and the milk/cream mixture.