Gingered cranberry poinsettia cocktails are perfect for serving at a festive breakfast or as a welcome drink at a Christmas party. Cheers!
I love me a good festive cocktail and am always looking for ideas. Especially for good welcome drinks for cocktail parties and this poinsettia cocktail is just perfect in every way. I love how easy it is to knock together (especially if you make the syrup ahead of time) and they are so very impressive! Say hello to the Mimosa’s more delicious, prettier cousin!
What is a poinsettia drink?
A poinsettia cocktail is a champagne/sparkling wine-based cocktail. Cointreau (orange liqueur) and cranberry juice add color and flavor, making this the perfect cocktail for Christmas or holiday parties.
How do you make a poinsettia cocktail?
Make a simple syrup by heating sugar and water in a saucepan. Add fresh ginger, orange zest and a sprig of rosemary and allow to infuse then cool. Strain then pour into champagne flutes followed by Cointreau (or Triple sec), cranberry juice and sparkling wine/champagne.
Christmas cocktail recipes:
- Christmas Cranberry Sangria
- Cranberry and ginger mojito
- Christmas spiced white Russian
- Sparkling pear, cranberry & vodka cocktail
Ginger cranberry poinsettia cocktails
For the ginger syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger sliced/chopped
- 1 small sprig rosemary
For the poinsettia cocktail
- Cranberry juice
- Sparkling wine/Champagne/Prosecco
- Combine all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved then remove from the heat and cool completely. Strain out the ginger and rosemary.
- Pour a few teaspoons of syrup into champagne flutes followed by a shot of Cointreau, cranberry juice and top with sparkling wine of your choice.
- Serve immediately.