These chewy M&M cookies are stuffed with chocolate chips because let’s face it, you can never have enough chocolate. They’re the perfect, easy treat.
Table of Contents
This M&M cookie recipe is just a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe with a whole bunch of added M&M’s.
- Butter. Salted or unsalted butter can be used. I always have salted butter on hand so I just adjust the amount of salt added slightly.
- White sugar. Granulated sugar or caster sugar will both work.
- Brown sugar. Using a combination of brown and white sugar delivers cookies that are perfectly sweet but also deliciously chewy. Light brown sugar works well and is a pantry staple.
- Vanilla extract.
- Baking powder.
- Baking soda.
- Chocolate chips/chocolate chunks.
I like using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to make my cookie dough because it makes it so simple but you can use a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl too. Cream together the room temperature butter and sugars until light and fluffy then add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Whisk together all the dry ingredients then stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips/chunks and m&m’s. I always keep a few to add to the top of the cookies but that’s an optional step.
Using an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate the cookie dough balls for at least 30 minutes but ideally overnight. Chilling the dough for longer will improve the flavor considerably. Spread the cookies out over two lined sheet pans then bake in a preheated oven for 7-10 minutes until golden brown with crisp edges. The longer you bake the cookies the crisper they will be. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack then serve.
Cookies always last very well. Keep them in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature. The dough balls can be frozen and baked from frozen, no need to thaw.
- Easy Brown Sugar Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies.
- Spiced sugar cookies.
- White chocolate dipped ginger cookies.
- 1½ cups butter room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups M&M's
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula then add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together then mix the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks and M&M's.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on parchment lined baking sheets or cookie sheets.
- Cover and place the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour but ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Space the cookies a few centimeters apart on 2-3 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper as they will spread while baking.
- Place in the preheated oven and allow to bake for 7-10 minutes until golden brown with crisp edges but still a little soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.