Juicy chicken thighs and potatoes marinated in curry spices and baked until crisp is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner served with a simple side dish.
I love a good sheet pan dinner. Not only are the options endless, you’re also guaranteed a delicious meal with almost no effort. My idea of perfection on a weeknight.
This sheet pan curried chicken thighs recipe is exactly that. Season bone-in chicken thighs generously with oil, lime juice, an assortment of Indian spices (or a good quality curry powder), salt and a bit of sugar (optional) and place on a large sheet pan. Add halved baby potatoes and roughly chopped onion and pop in a pre-heated oven. Allow to bake until the chicken thighs are cooked through and their skin starts to caramelize. I like serving the baked chicken thighs with steamed rice to soak up all that delicious sauce but a simple side salad or steamed greens will be delicious too.
Table of Contents
How long to bake chicken thighs
Bone-in chicken thighs take approximately 30 minutes to cook in an oven pre-heated to 200°C/400°F. Chicken is cooked when the internal temperature reads 75°C (165 degrees F).
What to make with chicken thighs
- Cucumber, tomato and red onion salad
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
Chicken thigh recipes
- Lemon pepper chicken thighs
- Easy honey garlic chicken thighs
- Crispy chicken thighs on cheesy broccoli rice
- Easy baked Greek chicken and potatoes
Curried baked chicken thighs and potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil (canola oil, olive oil, etc)
- ¼ cup lemon/lime juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 500 g (1lb) baby potatoes halved
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Combine the oil, lemon/lime juice, spices, garlic and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken, potatoes and onions on a large sheet pan and pour over the chicken and potatoes. Massage the sauce into the chicken.
- Place the sheet pan into the oven and allow to bake for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is starting to caramelize. The sugar in the sauce will caramelize quickly so if your chicken is browning too fast, simply cover loosely with a piece of foil.
- Remove from the oven then serve with lime wedges, fresh coriander/cilantro and side dishes of your choice.