Easy sheet pan baked Greek chicken is a delicious recipe with lemon, garlic and herb potatoes. Served with Greek salad, it makes the perfect family dinner.
Everyone loves a good sheet pan dinner, right? This easy baked Greek chicken with lemony-garlic potatoes is the kind of food you want after a long day and it takes all of 10 minutes to throw together. What’s not to love? You could easily swap the potatoes for sweet potato or other root vegetables or even broccoli, Brussels sprouts or green beans. Just be sure to only add the vegetables after around 20-30 minutes as they won’t need to cook as long as the potatoes.
There is something exceptionally delicious about potatoes cooked in the chicken’s juices, though. Add garlic, lemon and oregano and you have what my kids called a “seriously good dinner, mom!”
How to bake Greek chicken
Season chicken with salt and pepper then mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and rosemary and pour over the chicken thighs. Add potatoes seasoned in the same way to a large sheet pan then bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour until golden brown and cooked through.
What to serve with baked Greek chicken
- Greek salad with fried feta cheese
- My favorite classic Greek salad
- Easy marinated cucumber salad
- Farmers market salad with buffalo mozzarella
Love baked chicken? Try these recipes:
- Easy baked lemon chicken
- Easy chicken tikka masala thighs
- White wine, herb and garlic baked chicken
- Sweet chilli and soy baked chicken
Easy baked Greek chicken with potatoes
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 large potatoes cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/390ºF.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl then drizzle over 2 tbsp olive oil, a tbsp lemon juice and season with half of the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well then place in a large sheet pan.
- Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper then mix the remaining olive oil and lemon juice with the garlic and herbs. Place the seasoned chicken in between the potatoes in the sheet pan and pour over the herb mixture. Top the chicken with lemon slices (optional).
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 45-60 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through and the potatoes are crisp and cooked. (I tossed the potatoes half-way through cooking to ensure even browning.)
- Remove from the oven and serve with Greek salad.