Roasted sweet potatoes flavored with curry spices and roasted until soft, sweet and slighly caramelized is a delicious and easy side dish recipe.
Roasted sweet potatoes have been one of my favorite side dishes for the longest time. Sweet potatoes are always a good idea in my book but when they are flavored with aromatic spices and roasted. Woah mama. They are the perfect side dish to curry and chicken. I also love serving them on seasoned plain yogurt with fresh coriander (cilantro) and sliced chillies. This makes it a delicious addition to a harvest table style lunch and a great vegetarian main.
How to roast sweet potatoes
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into bite-size chunks. Add a neutral vegetable oil like canola and season with spices. I like using Garam Masala, cinnamon, turmeric and paprika. Add a generous pinch of salt.
- Transfer the spiced sweet potatoes to a large sheetpan then place in a preheated oven. Allow to roast until the sweet potatoes are soft and starting to caramelize. Remove from the oven and serve.
How long to roast sweet potatoes
Roast cubed sweet potatoes for 30-45 minutes at 200°C/400°F.
What to serve with roasted sweet potatoes
Sweet potato recipes
- Maple butter mashed sweet potatoes
- Sweet Potato Cake
- Whole-wheat couscous salad with haloumi and sweet potato
Curry roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 kg (2lb) sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over the oil and spices. Transfer to a large sheetpan.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes, turning half way, until the sweet potatoes are soft and starting to caramelize.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
How many gr of sweet potatoes do you use? In Spain 1 potato could be 1kg. That’s a lot of potatoes ?
I used 1kg/2lb. I have amended the recipe.
These are delicious and the only reason they get 4 stars instead of 5 is because I truly think there is an error in the recipe with regard to salt. Do not use two teaspoons, they are way too salty. I will use a half teaspoon next time. Otherwise , the flavor combo is very very good.
I’ve had some sweet potatoes languishing in my ctore cupboard for weeks. I will try this recipe. How is this as leftovers?
It makes fantastic leftovers. The flavors of the spices become better and better as the dish sits, to be honest.