This easy, creamy garlic parmesan sauce is the perfect sauce for everything from pasta to chicken breasts and vegetables. Love creamy sauce recipes? Try our Homemade Alfredo Sauce.
Table of Contents
- Fresh garlic cloves. I prefer using fresh garlic but garlic powder can be substituted.
- Heavy cream/Whipping cream.
- Parmesan cheese. Use a vegetarian alternative, if preferred.
- Lemon juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Optional: Other spices/seasonings like red pepper flakes, fresh parsley, oregano, basil or Italian seasoning can also be added.
How to make garlic Parmesan sauce
- Cook the garlic: Melt the butter in a saucepanpan set over medium heat. Stir in the minced garlic into the pan with a microplane (or mince finely with a knife) and allow to cook gently for a minute until fragrant.
- Make the sauce: Pour the cream into the pan then bring to a gentle simmer. Whisk in the lemon juice and grated Parmesan cheese then season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce easily coats the back of a spoon. Taste then adjust seasoning if necessary and serve.
Can I make this ahead?
The sauce can be made and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in a sealed container. Reheat gently with ¼ cup water to prevent the sauce from splitting then serve. I wouldn’t recommend freezing this sauce as cream sauces don’t generally freeze well.
What to serve with garlic Parmesan sauce
This makes a delicious pasta sauce for a quick weeknight dinner or with chicken wings as a dipping sauce (if you love garlic parmesan wings, this sauce is for you!) and it’s also delicious served over vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower.
- With pasta of your choice.
- Chicken thighs in creamy garlic Parmesan sauce
- With vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower as a side dish.
Easy sauce recipes
Easy Creamy Garlic Parmesan sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely grated/minced
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan set over medium heat.
- Grate the garlic into the pan with a microplane (or mince finely with a knife) and allow to cook gently for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour the cream into the pan then bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan then season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce easily coats the back of a spoon.
- aste then adjust seasoning if necessary and serve.