This easy, creamy garlic parmesan sauce is the perfect sauce for everything from pasta to chicken breasts and vegetables.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Garlic cloves.
- Cream. Heavy/Whipping cream.
- Parmesan cheese. Use a vegetarian alternative, if preferred.
- Lemon juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make garlic Parmesan sauce
- Cook the garlic: Melt the butter in a pan set over medium heat. Grate the garlic into the pan with a microplane (or mince finely with a knife) and allow to cook gently for a minute until fragrant.
- Make the sauce: Pour the cream into the pan then bring to a gentle simmer. Add the lemon juice and Parmesan then season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce easily coats the back of a spoon. Taste then adjust seasoning if necessary and serve.
Can I make this ahead?
The sauce can be made and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed container. Reheat gently with ¼ cup water to prevent the sauce from splitting then serve. I wouldn’t recommend freezing this sauce as cream sauces don’t generally freeze well.
What to serve with garlic Parmesan sauce
- With pasta of your choice.
- Chicken thighs in creamy garlic Parmesan sauce
- With vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower as a side dish.
Easy sauce recipes
Easy Creamy Garlic Parmesan sauce
This easy, creamy garlic parmesan sauce is the perfect sauce for everything from pasta to chicken breasts and vegetables.Print Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely grated/minced
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan set over medium heat.
- Grate the garlic into the pan with a microplane (or mince finely with a knife) and allow to cook gently for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour the cream into the pan then bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan then season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce easily coats the back of a spoon.
- aste then adjust seasoning if necessary and serve.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
Quick and easy – super yum. I served it with pasta, broccoli, and chicken – sort of chicken broccoli alfredo, but better. I did use more cheese – closer to a cup.
Such a yummy and easy recipe! Thank you ?
Wow it is amazing how you need to close at least 5 (!) popups that are jumping at you and blocking the view before you can actually read the recipe. Cookies are mandatory, I know, but notifications, newsletter, videos, advertisements, give me a break. Honestly, this is just annoying. How can I know, if I actually want to subscribe to your newsletter or whatever, if I wasn’t even given the chance to look at one single recipe from your blog yet. Really kills the fun.
I’m sorry that was your experience Lilly. Our ads enable us to continue offering recipes to readers at no cost. A lot goes into running a recipe website (ingredients, hosting, mail service, SEO service, Social media management, assistant staff to help with all the dishes, to name but a few) and all those things cost money. We are however looking at developing an ad-free experience for subscribers for a monthly fee. Is this something you would be interested in?
Hi 🙂 if you just want to check out the recipe and comments before checking out the blog, just tap Jump To Recipe, 90% have it and it definitely saves time for you 🙂
This was fantastic! I was looking for a garlic Parmesan sauce that was quick and I found it! I made it exactly as written and used it over egg noodles and chicken sausage, but will definitely try again with different pasta and chicken. Best news – the kids loved it – all three of them! My son said there is nothing he would change, it was great. Thank you!
Happy to hear that Janelle!
Simple, yet delicious! I served it with some blackened chicken and penne pasta. I could have easily doubled it as we finished most of it between two of us.
Oh my gosh!! These were SO easy and SOOO good! The kids LOVED them!
I made a few modifications to this, and everyone loved it. I first melted the butter, then added the garlic (4 cloves) and cooked that over medium heat. Then I added 1/8 cup flour to make a garlic roux and added 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup 1% milk. Cooked that over medium to medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, and finally added 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and fresh ground pepper and salt to taste, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Threw this over rotini and one chicken breast, stirred it all together and topped with fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano and capers.