Sriracha Aioli is the fastest, most delicious dipping sauce and is the perfect combination of creamy and spicy. Using store-bought mayo means you can make this in minutes. If you love aioli, you have to try our Roasted Garlic Aioli recipe.
Table of Contents
- Mayonnaise. To make this dip as easy as possible, I use store-bought mayonnaise. If you prefer cooking from scratch, simply follow my roasted garlic aioli recipe where you blend egg yolks, lemon juice and oil together. Instead of the roasted garlic, add the minced garlic and sriracha amounts for this recipe. This recipe can easily be made vegan, simply use your favorite vegan mayo.
- Fresh garlic cloves. For extra flavor, garlic powder can be used but I would definitely use fresh garlic as well.
- Lemon juice. Lime juice can be substituted.
- Sriracha sauce. This spicy condiment is available at most supermarkets. I always have a bottle in the fridge as it’s delicious with shrimp, eggs, on poke bowls or stirred into stir fry sauces.
How to make sriracha aioli
Add the mayonnaise and a few tablespoons sriracha to a small bowl then add 1-2 minced garlic cloves. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and stir together. Taste and adjust the seasoning by adding salt or a squeeze of lemon, if necessary. Similarly, add more sriracha depending on the spice level you are after. Serve.
Can I make this ahead?
This sriracha aioli recipe will last for up to a week in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge.
Spicy aioli is a delicious sauce or dip served with a variety of dishes. We love the spiciness it adds to salmon, salads, fish tacos and it’s great with chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, oven baked fries, or potato wedges. It also makes a great spread for sandwiches and is delicious on burgers.
Sriracha is a thick, spicy chili sauce flavored with garlic.
Sriracha isn’t as spicy as Tobasco. It’s a milder, more fragrant sauce but still packs a bit of a punch. Tobasco is a vinegar-based, fermented hot sauce so it is much more acidic and spicy.
Aioli and mayonnaise are both oil-based emulsified sauces. Aioli is made with olive oil (or a blend of olive oil and vegetable oil) and garlic whereas mayonnaise is made with a neutral oil and contains no garlic.
Easy Dip Recipes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp sriracha to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice/lime juice to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and sriracha.
- Stir in the minced garlic then add the lemon juice.
- Mix well then taste and adjust the sauce by adding more lemon juice or sriracha, depending on spiciness wanted.