These air fryer Brussels sprouts turn out perfectly crispy, every time. Flavored with fresh garlic and parmesan cheese is a delicious easy side dish.
Table of Contents
- Brussels Sprouts.
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil.
- Salt and Black Pepper.
- Fresh Garlic Cloves.
- Parmesan Cheese. Pecorino Romano can be used too.
How to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Remove any blemished outer leaves and slice off any browning edges. Halve the Brussels sprouts then add to a medium bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper then toss together. Transfer to the air fryer basket (make sure the sprouts are in a single layer) then air fry at 375°F/190°C for 15 minutes. Remove the Brussels sprouts then toss with the minced garlic and grated Parmesan cheese. Place back in the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes until fork tender. Remove the cooked Brussels sprouts from the air fryer then grate over more parmesan and serve.
Can I make this ahead?
This crispy Brussels sprouts recipe can be made a few hours in advance but they are definitely best served immediately after cooking to enjoy them while they are crispy. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheated in the air fryer.
These air fryer Brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish for quick and easy weeknight dinners but will also be a delicious addition to your holiday table. They are perfect served with garlic herb turkey, stuffing and all the other Thanksgiving/Christmas trimmings.
Cooking at too high a temperature will cause your Brussels sprouts to burn. They are quick to caramelize, which is completely fine, but you want to prevent them from scorching so cook at a lower temperature to make sure they are perfectly cooked.
Cooking your Brussels sprouts in just a little bit of oil in the air fryer will result in perfectly crispy yet tender sprouts, every time.
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts on Cheese sauce with Prosciutto crumbs
- Winter Sweet Potato Salad with Brussels Sprouts
- Macaroni & Cheese with brussels sprouts and bacon
Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 600 g (21oz) Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- Remove any blemished leaves on the outside of the sprouts and slice off any browning edges.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper then toss together.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket then air fry at 375°F/190°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts then toss with the minced garlic and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes until fork tender. Remove then grate over more parmesan and serve.