This air fryer nachos recipe is the perfect snack, easy meal or appetizer for game day. Crispy tortilla chips + melty cheese are always a good idea. It’s so quick to make and can be made to your preference with all your favorite nacho toppings.
Table of Contents
- Tortilla chips.
- Cheese. I used a mixture of sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella but any good melting cheese will work. I prefer grating/shredding my own cheese as pre-shredded cheese is coated with starch to prevent it from clumping but this also means it doesn’t melt as evenly.
- Toppings: You could leave the nachos plain or add any of your favorite add-ins. I used a Mexican corn mix but cooked chicken, ground beef, pulled pork, beans, etc. will all be delicious. Similarly, serve the air fryer nachos with any of your favorite toppings. Guacamole, sour cream, diced tomatoes and onions, salsa, fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños are all delicious.
How to make Air Fryer Nachos
Line your air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper or use an air fryer liner. Layer the tortilla chips, cheese and add-ins of your choice, finishing with a layer of cheese. Air fry the nachos for 10 minutes at 375°C/190°C until the cheese is melted. Remove from the air fryer then serve the nachos with toppings of your choice.
Can I make this ahead?
I wouldn’t recommend making nachos ahead as the cheese will harden and the chips might go a little soggy. Luckily, these nachos take minutes to make in the air fryer so you can enjoy them fresh without much preparation time needed. Leftover nachos can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the air fryer.
What to serve with nachos
Nachos are delicious with a variety of add-ins and toppings. We love it as a vegetarian meal with beans and corn added in between the layers but shredded chicken, ground turkey/beef (or leftover taco meat) or pulled pork are all delicious meaty options. Black beans and vegetables like corn, peppers and onions will also be delicious. And of course you can’t have nachos without all the delicious toppings. Easy options are refried beans, black olives, diced tomatoes, onions and avocado but we love guacamole, salsa, sour cream and jalapeños. Green onions and/or fresh cilantro/coriander add some color and even more flavor.
Yes, you can bake these nachos in the oven instead of cooking in the air fryer. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil/parchment paper then layer the chips, cheese and other ingredients of your choice before baking at 390°F/200°C for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Yes, you can. Make sure any cold toppings are removed then reheat the nachos in at 390°F/200°C for 5-8 minutes until hot throughout.
Yes, foil is safe to put in an air fryer. It’s not always recommended as it can prevent the air flow and have an impact on the way the food is cooked in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Recipes
- The Juiciest Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Crispy Air Fryer Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
Easy Air Fryer Nachos
- 1 lb (500g) tortilla chips / corn chips
- 3 cups shredded / grated cheese
- 2 cups Mexican corn mix I used a frozen Mexican corn mix but you can use frozen/fresh/canned corn as substitute
- diced tomatoes
- diced red onion
- sliced jalapeños
- fresh cilantro/coriander
- sour cream
- Line the basket of your air fryer with parchment paper or use an air fryer liner.
- Layer the chips with the cheese and corn, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Air fry at 375°F/190°C for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on top and melty throughout.
- Remove from the air fryer then serve with your favorite nacho toppings.