Chicken is on regular rotation in most households but knowing what to serve with it can be tricky, especially when you’re looking for some new ideas. Here I’m sharing more than 40 delicious and easy side dishes for chicken including salads, sauces, potatoes and more.
Table of Contents
Potato side dishes
- Hasselback Potatoes with Bacon Butter. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these Hasselback potatoes served with delectable sage bacon butter is a showstopping side dish.
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Roasted Potatoes. The crispiest, most delicious roasted potatoes flavored with salt and vinegar. These potatoes are the perfect side dish and are guaranteed to be a hit so make double because everyone is going to want seconds!
- Greek lemon potatoes. Greek lemon potatoes is the carby side dish of dreams. Potatoes cooked in lemon and garlic infused stock until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Cacio e pepe mashed potatoes. Creamy Cacio e pepe mashed potatoes is flavored with Parmesan cheese, black pepper and garlic and is the perfect side dish recipe.
- Grilled potato salad. Grilled potato salad is an old favorite with a twist. Cooking the potatoes on a grill adds smoky flavor and the creamy dressing takes it to a new level. If you aren’t a fan of classic potato salad, try this no mayo version. You’re going to love it!
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes. Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes is the perfect mix of creamy mashed potatoes and crisp roast potatoes and makes an easy, delicious side dish.
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges. Potato wedges are a classic side dish and this baked spicy garlic version is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Perfect for busy weeknights or casual entertaining.
Salad side dishes
- Guacamole salad. Everything you love about guacamole but in a fresh, zesty salad. Creamy avocado, tomatoes, red onion, chilli and cilantro make this Guacamole salad recipe irresistible and the perfect healthy side dish.
- Easy tomato feta green bean salad. This green bean salad with juicy tomatoes and cubes of feta cheese with a simple garlic lemon vinaigrette is a delicious, healthy and easy side dish recipe.
- Marinated zucchini salad. Easy spicy marinated zucchini salad with toasted pine nuts and feta cheese is a delicious side dish perfect for summer meals.
- Easy cucumber radish salad. A quick and easy cucumber and radish salad with lemon and dill. The perfect refreshing, healthy side dish for grilled meat and fish.
- Corn and grilled zucchini salad.
- Easy tomato salad. Easy tomato salad with capers, herbs and a simple lemon olive oil dressing is the perfect way to use juicy, ripe tomatoes.
- Pea and feta quinoa salad. Quinoa salad with sweet spring peas, creamy feta and red onion with easy lemon dressing is the perfect recipe to meal prep ahead for fuss-free lunches. It’s also a great side dish for grilled chicken, fish or meat.
- Easy lemon orzo salad. Easy lemon orzo salad with cucumber, radishes and feta cheese is a delicious side dish recipe and perfect served as a meat free lunch.
Gluten free side dishes
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini. This recipe for 10-minute sautéed broccolini flavored with garlic, lemon and chilli flakes is a delicious and easy side dish.
- Easy steamed spring vegetables with feta cheese. Steamed spring vegetables make a delicious, healthy side dish jazzed up with a zesty lemony dressing and creamy feta cheese.
- Spinach stuffed butternut squash. Cheesy creamed spinach stuffed butternut squash is a delicious, crowd pleasing side dish or vegetarian main. It’s creamy, cheese and absolutely irresistible.
- Summer grilled corn salad. This smoky grilled corn salad with fresh tomatoes and basil is the perfect, easy side dish and is a great way to use fresh summer corn.
- Quick and easy curry rice. Curry rice is an easy side dish recipe, perfect for serving with your favorite curries. A few pantry staples is all you need for this delicious dish.
- Sweet and smoky cowboy beans. A big skillet full of sweet and smoky cowboy beans flavoured with bacon and smoked paprika is the ultimate comfort food.
- Easy marinated eggplant. Grilled eggplant marinated in a spicy garlic and herb marinade is a delicious, gluten-free addition to any antipasto platter or cheese board.
- Maple butter mashed sweet potatoes. This easy recipe for maple butter mashed sweet potatoes will become a firm favorite in no time. The mash is so smooth and creamy and perfect as a side dish.
- Instant pot tomato risotto. The easiest way to make creamy risotto. This Instant Pot risotto recipe flavored with tomatoes and basil is a quick and easy side dish for roast chicken.
- Roasted Caprese tomatoes. Roasted Caprese tomatoes with creamy mozzarella and fresh basil is a delicious and easy side dish recipe and perfect as a Summer appetizer served with crusty bread.
- Bacon garlic sautéed green beans. Garlic sautéed green beans with crispy bacon is an easy, gluten free side dish. Serve with your favorite protein for a delicious dinner.
- Easy creamed spinach. This easy creamed spinach is absolutely delicious and a super quick side dish. It also makes the perfect omelette filling and is excellent on grilled cheese.
- Lemony Creamed Peas. Sweet, lemony peas are the perfect gluten free side dish for chicken thighs or roasted chicken.
- Easy garlic lemon sugar snap peas. Sugar snap peas are a delicious and easy side dish sautéed with lemon and garlic until slightly charred and perfectly cooked.
Bread side dishes
- Easy crusty bread. The most delicious crusty bread recipe I have tried. It is easy to make and requires very little effort and delivers a perfectly delicious loaf every time.
- Rosemary potato bread. This potato bread flavored with Pecorino and rosemary is a delicious homemade bread recipe, perfect served warm with butter.
- Easy flatbread. This easy flatbread recipe uses no yeast and is soft and delicious. Perfect served with shawarma and curries or served with hummus as a snack.
- Cheese and herb Irish soda bread. Irish soda bread flavored with cheese and herbs is the perfect, easy bread to serve with hearty stews or soups. It’s also perfect served simply with butter and the ultimate side dish for St. Patrick’s day.
- Easy focaccia bread. This focaccia bread recipe is easy to make and so satisfying to eat. Soft on the inside, crisp on the outside flavored simply with olive oil and salt.
- Cheesy corn beer bread. This easy, cheesy beer bread with fresh corn is simply delicious. It’s the perfect side dish for everything from grilled meat to a comforting chili or stew.
- Honey Oat Bread. This honey oat bread recipe is super easy to make and delivers a loaf rich with flavor and texture. The rolled oats and honey make this bread perfect for serving with soup, stews and chili.
Sauces for chicken
- Creamy mushroom sauce. Every cook needs a good easy creamy mushroom sauce recipe. It’s perfect stirred through pasta and fantastic on grilled steak.
- Garlic butter sauce. This homemade garlic butter sauce recipe is super simple to make and absolutely irresistible. Perfect served over anything from fish and seafood to pasta and vegetables.
- Bechamel sauce. Making a classic Béchamel (white sauce) or Cheese sauce is a skill every home cook should have. It’s easy to make and one of the most versatile sauces to cook with.
- Lemon caper sauce. This easy, delicious lemon caper sauce recipe is perfect served with fish, chicken or meat and makes a fantastic salad dressing.
- Creamy tzatziki sauce. Greek Tzatziki is quick and easy to make and is perfect served with grilled pita bread as an easy meze/appetizer or served with grilled meat for dinner.
- BBQ sauce. Juicy BBQ chicken breasts basted with a sweet, sticky homemade BBQ sauce is a delicious and easy chicken recipe perfect for dinner.
- Easy creamy pepper sauce. Easy creamy pepper sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a juicy grilled steak and takes only a few minutes to knock together.