Few things are as delicious as grilled corn on the cob but serve the corn with spicy hot honey butter and it’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Corn on the cob.
- Olive oil.
- Chilli flakes.
- Salt, to taste.
How to grill corn on the cob
- Prepare the grill: Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat. You want the corn to char and caramelize.
- Grill the corn: Brush the corn with the oil then cook on the grill, turning every 2-3 minutes, until the corn is charred and cooked through.
- Make the hot honey butter: Stir the honey through the softened butter. Add the chilli flakes and season to taste with salt.
- Serve: Serve the corn hot with generous dollops of the butter.
How long to grill corn
Ears of corn should take 10-15 minutes when cooked on the grill. The corn is done when the corn kernels are slightly charred and look plump. Yellow corn will also be a much more vivid shade of yellow once cooked.
What to serve with grilled corn on the cob
Grilled corn recipes
Grilled Corn on the cob with hot honey butter
- 6 corn on the cob
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the hot honey butter
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- Mix the butter, honey, chilli flakes and salt together then set aside.
- Drizzle the corn with the olive oil then cook on a hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly, until the corn is starting to char and cooked through.
- Serve the corn hot with generous dollops of the hot honey butter.