Juicy honey sriracha chicken meatballs in a savory, spicy sauce is a delicious and easy dinner recipe. Served with steamed rice and greens, it’s a great family meal.
- Ground chicken/chicken mince.
- Breadcrumbs. I used fresh breadcrumbs but you can use half the amount of dried breadcrumbs.
- Fresh garlic cloves.
- Green onion/spring onions.
- Fresh ginger.
- Chilli flakes.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Soy sauce. Use Tamari or coconut aminos as substitute.
- Rice vinegar.
- Sesame seeds.
How to make honey sriracha chicken meatballs
Make the meatball mixture by combining the chicken, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, minced garlic, finely chopped spring onions, minced ginger and seasonings together in a large bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. To form the meatballs, use a cookie or ice cream scoop and scoop the mixture onto a chopping board. Using wet hands, shape the meatballs then set aside.
Heat a large skillet or pan over medium high heat and add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the meatballs and brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds then pour in the soy sauce, honey, sriracha, rice vinegar and a cup of water. Bring the sauce to a simmer then add the meatballs back in. Cook the meatballs in the sauce for 8-10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve over rice or noodles with vegetables of your choice.
Chicken meatball recipes
- Chicken Parmesan meatballs in tomato sauce with mozzarella
- Lemon Chicken piccata meatballs
- Cheese-stuffed chicken meatballs
Honey Sriracha chicken meatballs
- 1 kg (2lb) ground chicken/chicken mince
- 1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 spring onions/green onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the sauce
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp ginger crushed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 1-2 tbsp rice vinegar to taste
- ½ cup water
- sesame seeds to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, minced garlic and ginger, spring onions, salt pepper and chilli flakes.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are combined well.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into meatballs just smaller than a golf ball. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil then add the meatballs.
- Cook until browned on both sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the ginger and garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the soy sauce, water, sriracha, rice vinegar and honey. Bring to a simmer then add the meatballs and cook for 8-10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the meatballs over rice or noodles, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Leave a Reply