These lemon chicken piccata meatballs are easy to make and perfect served with al dente pasta for a delicious family dinner.
Table of Contents
What’s in lemon chicken piccata meatballs?
- Chicken mince / Ground chicken
- Lemon zest
- Garlic / Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Whole egg
- Dried oregano and thyme
- Salt and pepper
How to make chicken piccata meatballs
- Make the meatballs: Combine the chicken, Parmesan, seasoning, egg and breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl. I used panko breadcrumbs but feel free to use Italian breadcrumbs or fresh. Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is fully combined. With wet hands, form meatballs the size of golf balls.
- Cook the meatballs: In a large frying pan/skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the meatballs and allow to brown and form a crust before flipping. Cook until the meatballs are golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside. Add the butter to the pan then the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the wine and/or stock. Add the parsley, capers and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer then add the meatballs back in to the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes, swirling the meatballs in the sauce regularly until the sauce is slightly reduced and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve: Serve with cooked pasta (you can add half a cup of cream to make the sauce creamier to serve with pasta if preferred), crusty bread or mashed potatoes.
What to serve with chicken piccata meatballs
- Cheesy baked meatballs
- Easy Greek meatballs
- Tuscan slow cooker meatballs
- Cheese-stuffed chicken meatballs
Lemon chicken piccata meatballs
These lemon chicken piccata meatballs are easy to make and perfect served with al dente pasta for a delicious family dinner.Print Pin Rate
- 500 g (1lb) ground chicken / chicken mince
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs (panko/gluten-free/fresh)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock (alternatively ½ cup white white wine + ½ cup stock)
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the meatballs, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. With a wooden spoon, mix well.
- With wet hands, form meatballs the size of golf balls.
- Heat a large pan or skillet over high heat and add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the meatballs until golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in the pan and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock (and wine, if using), capers, parsley and lemon juice. Allow to come to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and cook for another 7-10 minutes, coating the meatballs in the sauce, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Season to taste and serve.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 904mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg