This easy honey garlic salmon cooked in a sweet glaze is a delicious dinner recipe ready in 20 minutes. Serve with simple sides for a fantastic meal.
Salmon is always delicious but cooked in sticky honey garlic glaze, it’s a sure-fire crowd hit. Every time I make it I am left with empty plates and happy faces. It’s the kind of dish that works just as well during the week (it’s SO quick to make) as it does cooked for guests. I love serving the sticky salmon with steamed green beans, broccoli or bok choy and buttery baby potatoes but it’s pretty perfect served on steamed rice or noodles too.
How to cook honey garlic salmon
Preheat a pan or skillet until hot then add the salmon, skin-side down and allow to fry for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp. Carefully turn the salmon over and fry for another 2-3 minutes on the flesh-side. While the salmon is frying, whisk together honey, soy sauce (or Tamari if you’d like to keep it gluten-free), crushed garlic and lemon juice. Remove the salmon from the pan and add the honey garlic sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer and reduce for 5 minutes, then add the salmon back in the pan. Glaze the salmon with the sauce and allow to cook for another 5 minutes then remove from the pan and serve.
How long to cook salmon
Salmon is best served medium and should take no more than 5 minutes a side, depending on thickness. You know salmon is cooked when it flakes easily. The minimum internal temperature for salmon is 62°C/145°F but if you’re using good quality, fresh salmon that temperature is just a guideline.
What to cook with salmon
- Almond, lemon and parsley pilaf rice
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
- Easy steamed spring vegetables with feta cheese
Easy salmon recipes
20-minute Honey Garlic Salmon
- 500 g / 1lb salmon fillets skin-on, de-boned
- ¼ cup soy sauce / tamari
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat a skillet or pan until hot and add a tablespoon of oil. Season the salmon with salt and place in the pan, skin-side down. Allow to fry for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Carefully flip the salmon and cook for another 2 minutes on the flesh-side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic and lemon juice. Pour the sauce into the hot pan and allow to simmer and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon back into the pan and baste with the sauce until the salmon is glossy, glazes and cooked to your preference.
- Serve with side dishes of your choice.