This easy honey garlic salmon cooked in a sweet glaze is a delicious dinner recipe ready in 20 minutes. Serve with simple sides for a fantastic meal.
Table of Contents
How to make honey garlic salmon
- Cook the salmon: Preheat a pan or skillet until hot then add the salmon, skin-side down and allow to fry for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp. Carefully turn the salmon over and fry for another 2-3 minutes on the flesh-side.
- Make the sauce: While the salmon is frying, whisk together honey, soy sauce (or Tamari if you’d like to keep it gluten-free), crushed garlic and lemon juice. Remove the salmon from the pan and add the honey garlic sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer and reduce for 5 minutes, then add the salmon back in the pan. Glaze the salmon with the sauce and allow to cook for another 5 minutes then remove from the pan and serve.
How long to cook salmon
Salmon is best served medium and should take no more than 5 minutes a side, depending on thickness. You know salmon is cooked when it flakes easily. The minimum internal temperature for salmon is 62°C/145°F but if you’re using good quality, fresh salmon that temperature is just a guideline.
Can I make this ahead?
The sauce can be made and kept in a jar in the fridge for up to 4 days. The cooked salmon can be kept covered in the fridge for a day and reheated in a hot pan.
What to serve with salmon
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
Easy salmon recipes
20-minute Honey Garlic Salmon
- 500 g / 1lb salmon fillets skin-on, de-boned
- ¼ cup soy sauce / tamari
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat a skillet or pan until hot and add a tablespoon of oil. Season the salmon with salt and place in the pan, skin-side down. Allow to fry for 5 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Carefully flip the salmon and cook for another 2 minutes on the flesh-side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic and lemon juice. Pour the sauce into the hot pan and allow to simmer and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon back into the pan and baste with the sauce until the salmon is glossy, glazes and cooked to your preference.
- Serve with side dishes of your choice.