Easy banana, date and pecan muffins topped with delectable cinnamon sugar are easy to make and are perfect snacks or lunchbox fillers.
- Baking powder and Baking soda
- Pecan nuts
How to make banana pecan muffins
- Make the batter: Soak the dates in boiling water for a few minutes until soft then puree until smooth with a blender/food processor/immersion blender. In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Scrape the bowl down half way through. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition as well as scraping down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the bananas and vanilla and finally the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter just comes together. Fold in the dates and pecan nuts. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners then fill each liner 3/4 full with batter. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins: Place the pan in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then serve.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes, muffins freeze very well. Allow the baked muffins to cool down then transfer to a freezer bag or container. Freeze for up to 6 months and allow to thaw completely before serving. Baked muffins will last for up to 4 days covered on the kitchen counter.
- Wholewheat brown sugar cinnamon banana muffins
- Healthyish double chocolate muffins
- Spiced apple muffins with honey butter
- Easy healthy blueberry muffins
Banana, date and pecan muffins with cinnamon sugar
- 125 g (1 stick) butter room temperature
- 100 g (½ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350 g (approx 6 bananas) very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 g (½ cup) Medjool dates pitted
- 100 g (1 cup) pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc and line a 12-hole muffin tray with muffin/cupcake liners.
- Soak the dates in 1 cup boiling water until soft then puree in a food processor. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in the bananas and vanilla. At this point, your batter will split and it will look like you've messed it up. You haven't, just keep going.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir into the batter.
- Fold in the date puree and the pecans.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin tray, filling each muffin liner 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkled over a little cinnamon sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing the muffins from the tin.
- These muffins will keep for 3-4 days in a airtight container.