These adorable mini lemon curd cheesecakes with buttery cookie crust is the perfect dessert and will have your guests asking for more!
How to make lemon curd cheesecake
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, flour, sugar, eggs and lemon curd until smooth. Pour on top of the cookie crust and swirl in a few more drops of lemon curd. Place the cheesecakes in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly. Remove and allow to cool in the fridge overnight before serving.
Can you make cheesecake ahead of time?
Yes, cheesecake is best served the day after it is made as it would have had time to firm up in the fridge. Cheesecake will last up to 5 days if kept covered in the fridge.
Can you overcook cheesecake?
Yes, cheesecake can be overcooked. Overcooked cheesecake will be dry and mealy and will often have a crack in the center.
What makes a cheesecake crack?
Overcooking, overmixing (incorporating too much air into the cheesecake batter) or cooking the cheesecake at too high heat can all cause cracking. If the oven is too hot, the filling will rise quickly and will deflate when cooling which can result in cracking. It’s best to allow the cheesecake to cook slowly at a lower temperature.
Will cheesecake firm up in fridge?
For the creamiest cheesecake, make sure to remove the cheesecake from the oven when the edges are set with the center still slightly jiggly. The cheesecake will set up in the fridge and will be deliciously creamy.
Love lemon desserts? Try these recipes:
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Easy lemon drizzle cake
- Lemon cupcakes with Swiss meringue buttercream
- The ultimate lemon tart
Mini lemon curd cheesecakes
For the cookie crust
- 1¾ cup (150g) cookies crushed to fine crumbs
- 3 tbsp (50ml) melted butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 1 cup (250g) cream cheese (at room temperature )
- ½ cup (125ml) sour cream
- ½ cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp (15g) flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- ½ cup lemon curd for swirling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a 12-hole muffin pan with baking cups.
- Combine the crushed cookies with the melted butter then press a few spoonfuls into the bottom of each cup.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour and lemon curd. Mix until smooth then pour on top of the cookie crusts.
- Add a teaspoon or so of lemon curd to the center of each cheesecake and swirl into the cheesecake batter using a skewer.
- Place the cheesecakes into the oven and immediately lower the heat to 160ºC/320ºF. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are set and the centers are soft and just slightly jiggly. (You can check them from 20 minutes.)
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to the fridge. Allow to chill for at least 3 hours but overnight is preferred before serving.