Whether you want appetizer, mains and side dishes or decadent desserts, I have all the New Year’s Eve recipes for you right here!
New Year’s Eve Appetizers
This selection of appetizers are perfect as a delicious start to your feast but work just as well served as finger foods for a cocktail party.
- The ultimate cheese board. Assembling an impressive holiday cheese board is easy as pie and will knock your guests’ socks off. Easy entertaining? Sorted!
- Prawn bisque. Silky and rich shrimp / prawn bisque flavored with aromatics, finished with cream, is a delicious, easy and show stopping appetizer recipe.
- Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket. Anything wrapped in pastry is a guaranteed crowd pleaser so it’s no surprise that pigs in a blanket are always the first to go at parties and gatherings. Adding Everything Bagel seasoning adds flavor and texture to this much-loved appetizer.
- Seared scallops with lemon caper sauce. Seared scallops are always a good idea. Their naturally sweet, subtle flavor and juicy texture make them ideal for appetisers or light main courses. I love serving them with a zesty, spicy lemon caper sauce to add a punch of flavor.
- Easy baked brie with honey and crispy sage. Easy baked brie with honey and crispy sage is the perfect simple appetizer for any occasion. Served with bread or crackers, it’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Cheesy prosciutto pastry bites. The easiest, most delicious appetizer recipe you can make. These cheesy prosciutto pastry bites take minutes to put together and only require 5 ingredients. Perfect for the busy festive season.
- Bang bang shrimp. Crispy fried shrimp is tossed with spicy mayonnaise and served hot. I could honestly eat an entire plate of these delightful morsels.
- Four cheese spinach dip. Extra cheesy spinach dip with four cheeses is the indulgent, absolutely delicious appetizer recipe of your dreams served with baguette.
- Crispy Bacon Corn Fritters. These crispy, chunky corn fritters with bacon and herbs are positively addictive. Great as a snack and perfect for brunch.
- Salt and pepper fried squid. Crispy, golden fried squid (or fried calamari) is the perfect summer appetizer. Flavored simply with salt and pepper and served with a squeeze of lemon and garlic mayo, it’s the kind of recipe that is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
- Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs. Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs are the perfect easy gluten free and low carb appetizer. Make them ahead for effortless entertaining.
- Easy Crispy Coconut Shrimp with Bang Bang Sauce. Crispy coconut shrimp served with Bang Bang sauce and sweet chilli is a fantastic appetizer and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Prawn cocktail stuffed avocados. Juicy prawns/shrimp in a creamy mayonnaise sauce served in a ripe avocado is the perfect elegant appetizer. These stuffed avocados are a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- White wine garlic prawns. White wine garlic prawns is the perfect, easy appetizer/starter and makes a great fast dinner served with crusty bread for mopping up the white wine sauce.
- Maple Bacon Roasted Pecans. If you’re looking for a simple but delicious festive snack to serve with drinks, this recipe for maple bacon roasted pecans is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Main dishes for New Year’s Eve
From decadent Mac and cheese to juicy beef tenderloin, these New Year’s mains are all showstoppers.
- Lobster Mac and Cheese. The cheesiest lobster mac and cheese topped with Parmesan thyme ciabatta breadcrumb topping is an indulgent recipe ideal for any celebration
- Rosemary-crusted beef fillet with horseradish cream. Rosemary-crusted beef fillet with horseradish cream is perfect for effortless entertaining and will make a fantastic main dish recipe at any dinner party.
- Easy Garlic Herb Butter Baked Salmon. Succulent baked salmon flavored with garlic herb butter is a showstopper main dish. It’s perfect with a variety of side dishes and will impress anyone you serve it to.
- Salmon en Croute with Dill Cream Sauce. Crispy, buttery puff pastry folded around succulent salmon and spinach makes this salmon en croute the ultimate showstopper dinner.
- Garlic Rosemary Rump Roast. Juicy, perfectly cooked rump roast is a Sunday dinner classic and is just delicious served with crispy potatoes and silky red wine jus.
- Spinach Parmesan Risotto with Spicy Shrimp. Creamy spinach Parmesan risotto served with juicy, spicy shrimp is perfect for everything from family dinners to date-night in.
- Classic homemade lasagna. Layers of pasta with from-scratch Bechamel sauce, Bolognese and cheese makes this homemade lasagna the ultimate comfort food.
- Seafood paella. This Seafood Paella recipe is packed with delicious flavors. It might not be entirely traditional but it’s a guaranteed showstopper.
Every feast needs a decadent finish and these recipes are the perfect way to ring in the new year.
- Crème brûlée. This is the very best Crème brûlée recipe you will ever make. The custard is silky smooth and the bruleed sugar topping is perfectly caramelized delivering that crack you want before diving in to the vanilla-scented custard. A true classic and absolutely delicious.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Trifle. Layers of salted caramel, silky chocolate custard, chocolate cake and whipped cream make this chocolate trifle simply irresistible.
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with fresh passion fruit. Creamy vanilla panna cotta served with fresh passion fruit is the ultimate, fuss-free dessert and perfect for summer gatherings.
- Salted Vanilla Crème Caramel. Creamy with a layer of deep amber salted caramel, this vanilla crème caramel is a simple yet impressive dessert.
- White Chocolate Tiramisu. Tiramisu is one of my favorite dessert recipes. Of course it is absolutely delicious and few people can resist a slice of it, but it’s also fantastic for the festive season as it can be made a few days ahead.
- Chocolate mousse. This classic chocolate mousse recipe is delicious in every way. Rich, chocolatey flavor with a light and airy texture makes this the perfect dessert to share.
Leave a Reply