Creamy tzatziki grilled chicken wraps are the perfect easy lunch or dinner and can be prepped ahead to make them even easier.
Wraps are an easy go-to for quick lunches or fuss-free dinners. These chicken and tzatziki wraps are a family favorite because not only are they so easy, they’re also drop-dead-delicious. They have a kind-of Greek Gyro feel but take zero effort and all the components can be prepped ahead so that assembly takes mere minutes. Lunch in a flash? Yes please!
Table of Contents
- 1 How to make tzatziki chicken wraps
- 2 How to make tzatziki
- 3 How to eat tzatziki
- 4 Easy lunch recipes
- 5 Creamy tzatziki grilled chicken wraps
- 6 Grilled chicken recipes
How to make tzatziki chicken wraps
Slice skinless, boneless chicken breasts in half, horizontally, so that you are left with two thin chicken cutlets. Marinade the chicken in a mixture of olive oil, lemon, oregano, garlic and paprika for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours in the fridge. Grill/pan sear the chicken until golden brown and cooked through then remove from the heat and allow to rest. To make the tzatziki, squeeze the liquid out of grated cucumber then combine with Greek yogurt, finely minced garlic, dill and lemon juice. Season to taste and serve in warmed wraps with the sliced chicken, lettuce, tomato and red onion.
How to make tzatziki
To ensure a thick, creamy sauce, make sure you use good quality Greek yogurt. Many recipes call for straining the yogurt. This is done by leaving the yogurt in a cheesecloth to drain for a few hours. However, I have found that if you use a really thick, creamy Greek yogurt, straining is not necessary. A step that can’t be missed however is straining the cucumber. Cucumber is pretty much just water and if you don’t salt and strain the cucumber, your tzatziki will be watery and thin.
Combine thick Greek yogurt with strained cucumber. Add white wine vinegar or lemon juice, chopped herbs and garlic and mix well. Season to taste and serve.
How to eat tzatziki
Easy lunch recipes
- Easy salami sandwich
- Mexican chicken lunch bowls
- Smoked chicken sandwich with jalapeño mayo
- Chicken quinoa salad with peas and feta
Creamy tzatziki grilled chicken wraps
For the grilled chicken
- 4 chicken breasts halved, horizontally
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
For the wraps
- 2 cups tzatziki
- 4 large wraps warmed
- sliced tomato
- sliced red onion
- Combine all the marinade ingredients then add the chicken and coat the chicken in the marinade. Cover and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Make the tzatziki according to recipe instructions.
- Cook the chicken in a hot pan/griddle pan until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the tzatziki, lettuce, tomato and onion in a warmed wrap.
Grilled chicken recipes