This easy honey mustard sauce recipe is the perfect dipping sauce for everything from crispy chicken to French fries and more!
Table of Contents
Full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Mayonnaise. I used Hellmann’s but feel free to use any mayo of your choice.
- Sour cream. Optional, but it adds extra creaminess to the sauce. Can be substituted with plain yogurt.
- Dijon mustard. You could substitute English mustard for Dijon.
- Wholegrain mustard. Optional, but I like the texture it adds.
- Honey. Use maple syrup if you prefer.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make honey mustard sauce
It couldn’t be simpler. Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Depending on the mayonnaise you used, you might need to add a drizzle more honey or lemon juice to balance the sauce. You could add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like a little extra heat.
Can I make this sauce ahead?
Absolutely. Honey mustard sauce will last for up to 2 weeks if kept in an airtight container in the fridge. I don’t recommend freezing though as it will split once thawed.
What to serve with honey mustard sauce
Easy sauce recipes
Easy honey mustard sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix well until combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary then serve.