Air fryer ravioli is the easiest snack or appetizer, EVER. Use store bought ravioli and serve with a simple roasted tomato sauce. Yes please!
Table of Contents
This air fryer ravioli recipe couldn’t be simpler. It’s also the ideal use for store-bought ravioli. The breading is super simple and you can use fresh bread or dried breadcrumbs.
- Ravioli. I used spinach and cheese ravioli but use any store-bought ravioli of your choice.
- Bread. I used sliced white bread.
- Italian herbs / Italian seasoning. You could use any dried herbs of your choice. Oregano, parsley, thyme and basil will all work well.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Roasted tomato sauce.
How to make Air Fryer Ravioli
- Make the breadcrumbs: You could any breadcrumbs of your choice (panko breadcrumbs, dried, etc. ) but I wanted to ensure a lot of crunch so I made my own. Simply toast slices of bread until golden then allow to cool. Blend in a food processor with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. You could add a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese too, for even more flavor but that is completely optional.
- Coat the ravioli: Place seasoned flour and bread crumbs into separate bowls. Beat the eggs in another bowl. Coat the ravioli first in seasoned flour, then in the beaten egg mixture and finally in the bread crumb mixture. Make sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Cook the ravioli in the Air Fryer: Place the coated ravioli in the air fryer basket in a single layer and drizzle with a few teaspoons of olive oil or use olive oil spray. Set the temperature to 200ºC/390ºF and cook for 7-10 minutes. Check after 5 minutes and flip over. Air fry until golden and crisp. You might need to cook the ravioli in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Serve: Remove the ravioli from the Air Fryer and serve with roasted tomato sauce, marinara sauce or a dipping sauce of your choice.
Can I use frozen ravioli?
Yes, you can. Coat as directed with flour, egg and breadcrumbs and cook for 10-15 minutes, making sure the ravioli is hot throughout. You might need to reduce the temperature slightly to make sure the crumbs don’t burn before the center is hot.
Can I bake these instead?
Yes, you can. Preheat the oven to 250ºC/480ºF and follow the directions as you would for the Air fryer version. Bake for 15-20 minutes on a parchment-lined sheet pan until crisp and golden, turning halfway through.
No, you don’t need to boil ravioli first before frying. Simply bread the ravioli as per the recipe instructions then air fry.
When the filling is hot throughout (check that meat fillings are cooked all the way through) and the pasta is tender, ravioli is cooked.
Easy Air fryer recipes
Crispy Air Fryer Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
- 6 sliced white bread (alternatively use 2 cups breadcrumbs)
- 2 tsp Italian herbs / Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup flour seasoned with ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 500 g (1lb) ravioli use any flavor you prefer
- roasted tomato sauce to serve
- Toast slices of bread until golden then allow to cool. Blend in a food processor with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Coat the ravioli first in seasoned flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Make sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Place the ravioli in the basket of your Air Fryer and drizzle with a few teaspoons of olive oil. Set the temperature to 200ºC/390ºF and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Check after 5 minutes and turn. Cook until golden and crisp.
- Remove the ravioli from the Air Fryer and serve with roasted tomato sauce or a dipping sauce of your choice.