These easy cinnamon brown sugar pumpkin muffins are moist, delicious and the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack for fall.
Full pumpkin muffin recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Pumpkin. I use fresh but you can used canned too.
- Oat flour. Can be substituted with regular flour.
- Flour. I used all purpose but cake flour will also work.
- Baking powder.
- Spices: Cinnamon, ginger, all spice, nutmeg. Alternatively use your favorite pumpkin spice.
- Vanilla extract.
- Vegetable oil. Melted butter or coconut oil can be substituted.
- Brown sugar.
How to make pumpkin muffins
- Prepare the pumpkin: Cook (steam or boil) peeled and seeded pumpkin until tender. Allow to cool then mash with a fork until smooth.
- Make the batter: Combine oat flour, all purpose or cake flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl. In a separate bowl or mixing jug, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil and brown sugar and whisk together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Bake the muffins: Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter. Place in a preheated oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
How long to bake pumpkin muffins
Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Depending on the batter and oven temperature, muffins should take no longer than 20-25 minutes to bake.
Can you freeze pumpkin muffins?
Yes, they freeze very well. Bake and allow to cool completely then transfer to a freezer bag and seal. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before serving.
- Healthy blueberry muffins
- Easy healthy chocolate chip banana oat muffins
- Mixed berry muffins
- Banana, date and pecan muffins
- Nutella-swirled pumpkin bread
- Easy and healthy coconut curry pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin carrot cake
- Whole-wheat pumpkin pancakes with salted caramel
Cinnamon brown sugar pumpkin muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder 1
- `1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (cook 1½ cups pumpkin until soft)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
For the topping (optional)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and a line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl or mixing jug, combine the brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the liners 3/4 full.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.