These cheesy stuffed olives are the perfect appetizer to serve with drinks. We love making them in the air fryer to ensure they’re super crunchy and the creamy cheese filling makes them irresistible.
Table of Contents
- Olives. I used pitted green olives. I would definitely recommend using pitted olives to reduce prep time but you can use any type of olive you like.
- Bread crumbs. I used panko breadcrumbs but any dried breadcrumbs will work.
- For the filling: I used goat’s cheese, garlic and herbs but you can stuff olives with Boursin cheese, blue cheese or cream cheese too.
- To serve: I made a quick dipping sauce from mayonnaise and Calabrian chilies but you can serve these with roasted garlic aioli or sour cream and onion dip too.
How to make Stuffed Olives
Make the filling by mixing room temperature goat’s cheese, freshly minced garlic, finely chopped rosemary, a squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper together. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag. Stuff each olive with some of the cheese mixture. Coat the stuffed olives first in the flour, then in beaten egg and finally in seasoned breadcrumbs.
Transfer the olives to an air fryer basket and spray with olive oil then air fry at 400°F/205°C for 10 minutes, giving them a shake half way through so they brown evenly. Remove from the air fryer and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Can I fry stuffed olives?
Yes, you can! Simply heat a neutral cooking oil like canola oil or sunflower oil and once hot, add the stuffed, breaded olives and fry for a few minutes until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels before serving.
Can I make this ahead?
The olives can be stuffed and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before breading and cooking. Breaded olives can be kept on a parchment-lined plate for up to an hour before frying. Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the air fryer.
These olives are a fantastic appetizer or snack to serve with drinks. It’s great as part of a bigger spread for events like New Year’s Eve. We love it with pigs-in-a-blanket, Deviled eggs and cheesy jalapeño puff pastry puffs.
Easy Olive Recipes
- Green Olive Feta Grain Salad
- Chicken breasts with olive, tomato and caper dressing
- Greek salad with fried Feta cheese
I always use my Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer with ClearCook when developing air fryer recipes. It is by far the most efficient air fryer I’ve used and the basket size is excellent for a family of 4. I am partnered with Instant Pot South Africa.
Easy Stuffed Olives
- 500 g / 1 lb pitted olives drained
- 100 g / 3oz soft goat's cheese
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs seasoned with a pinch of salt
- olive oil for spraying/drizzling
- Make the filling by mixing room temperature goat's cheese, freshly minced garlic, finely chopped rosemary, a squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper together.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
- Stuff each olive with some of the cheese mixture.
- Coat the stuffed olives first in the flour, then in beaten egg and finally in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the olives to an air fryer basket and spray with olive oil then air fry at 400°F/205°C for 10 minutes, giving them a shake half way through so they brown evenly.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.