Juicy lemon pepper shrimp is an easy, healthy and delicious recipe perfect for when you need lunch or dinner on the table quickly.
Table of Contents
How to cook lemon pepper shrimp
If the shrimp/prawns you are using haven’t been shelled, remove the head and shell and make sure the shrimp has been deveined. If not, cut along the back of the shrimp and carefully remove the black vein (this is the shrimp’s digestive tract and isn’t edible). When using frozen shrimp, make sure they are fully thawed then pat them dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over high heat then add the shrimp in batches to avoid over-crowding the pan. Cook until the shrimp are pale pink and opaque then remove and set aside. Add minced garlic to the pan and allow to fry for a few seconds before adding lemon juice. Add the shrimp back in, stir to coat in the sauce then scatter over the parsley and serve.
How long does it take to cook shrimp?
Between 3 and 5 minutes depending on their size. Shrimp cook very quickly and you’ll know they are cooked when they curl up slightly, turn pale pink and opaque.
What sides to serve with lemon pepper shrimp?
Easy shrimp recipes:
Easy lemon pepper shrimp
- 500 g (1lb) shrimp deveined and shells removed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp the pan in batches (to avoid over-crowding) and cook until the shrimp are cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and allow to fry for a few seconds before adding back the shrimp. Add the lemon juice and parsley and cook for another minute.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.