Spicy and frosty, these Jalapeño Margarita slushies are the perfect cocktail to serve to a crowd and they will be a hit at your next party.
Margaritas are by far, my favorite cocktail. The sharp bite of lime with tequila is a match made in Heaven and I’ve never met a Margarita I don’t like. And even though a classic Margarita is 100% my jam, these spicy jalapeño Margarita slushies have become my new fav. Not only are they easy to make (and SO great for a crowd), the frosty slush is just perfect on hot days. Cheers!
How to make Margarita slushies
Make a simple syrup by combining equal parts water and sugar with lime juice, lime zest, fresh orange juice and a few slices fresh jalapeño. Allow to cook in a small saucepan until the sugar has dissolved and the the syrup is infused then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Strain out the zest and jalapeños. Combine the syrup with fresh lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec/Cointreau and lots of ice in a strong blender and blend until the mixture is the consistency of a slushy.
Can you make margarita slushies ahead?
The infused syrup can be made well in advance but the margarita itself will be better blended right before serving.
How to make a virgin Margarita?
You can easily leave the alcohol out of this recipe to make virgin margaritas. Simply blend the syrup with lime juice and ice.
More cocktail recipes you will love:
- Easy Margarita pitcher
- Blushing strawberry gin and tonic
- Gin cocktail with lemon & honey cordial
- Passionfruit & Ginger cocktail
Jalapeño Margarita slushies
For the infused simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 limes zest removed and juiced
- ½-1 jalapeño sliced
For the slushies
- 1-1½ cups infused simple syrup
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½-1 cup Tequila
- ½ cup Cointreau/Triple Sec
- 4 cups ice cubes
- To make the syrup, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sugar has dissolved then remove from the heat and allow to cool then strain out the jalapeños.
- Combine the cooled syrup with tequila, lime juice, Cointreau and ice cubes and blend.
- Pour into glasses and serve.