These easy peanut butter cookies can be made in minutes with only 3 ingredients. No flour needed! They’re an instant hit and a delicious.
I first made these cookies and documented them on this blog in 2013. 7 years ago! They used to be a favorite with my then, 4-year old twins, who could make a batch themselves with very little help from me. 7 years later, and these cookies are still a hit. They’re made with ingredients everyone has in their pantry and take only minutes to whip up. What’s not to love?
Table of Contents
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Peanut butter. This is not the time for “healthy”peanut butter. A commercial brand will work best. If you want the cookies a little less sweet, use an unsweetened variety.
- Sugar. Regular white/granulated sugar works best. You can use caster sugar too.
- Optional extras: Vanilla extract or flaky sea salt are delicious additions but absolutely not necessary.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar and egg in a mixing bowl. With electric beaters or a whisk, whip the ingredients together until they are well combined. Approximately 1-2 minutes. The mixture will look a little crumbly, that’s completely fine.
- Form golf ball-sized balls by rolling the cookie dough between your hands. Place the cookie dough on parchment paper-lined sheet pans, spaced a few centimetres apart. Using a fork, press down on the cookies, taking care not to flatten them too much (they will flatten and spread as they bake).
- Place the sheet pans into a preheated oven and allow the cookies to bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and crisp around the edges. Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely then store in an airtight container.
- Serving suggestion: These cookies are delicious on their own but they make great “sandwich”cookies. Add a scoop of ice cream or sandwich them together with a teaspoon of dulce de leche for an indulgent treat.
Yes you can. Baked cookies can be frozen in freezer bags for up to 3 months. Baked cookies will last in an airtight container for up to a week.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line two cookie sheets or sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg and salt/vanilla (if using) in a mixing bowl and mix with electric beaters or a whisk until well combined.
- Form small balls of dough by rolling in between your hands then place on the prepared sheets, a few centimetres apart. Create a pattern by pressing down on the cookies with a fork. Don't flatten too much as they will spread while they bake.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.