Chunks of white chocolate and dried cranberries make these cranberry cookie bars a festive must-have. The perfect sweet treat for the holidays.
Christmas is synonymous with cookies and these white chocolate cranberry cookie bars are going to become a family favorite in no time. I’ve made these cookie bars more times than I’d like to admit in the last few weeks while testing this recipe and let me just tell you, every time I make them they disappear incredibly quickly. The cranberries add just the right amount of tartness to balance the creamy, sweet white chocolate making these bars moreish and very easy to indulge in.
They’ll be perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges, as homemade Christmas gifts or as dessert at your holiday parties.
How do you turn a cookie recipe into a bar?
Any cookie recipe can be turned into bars. Simply bake the dough in a brownie pan/deep baking dish until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
How do you make white chocolate cranberry cookie bars
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs and vanilla. Gently mix in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold in the white chocolate and cranberries. Press the dough into a lined baking dish and bake until golden brown and cooked through. So easy!
White chocolate cranberry cookie bars
- 250 g/2 sticks butter room temperature
- 250 g/1 cup soft brown sugar
- 60 g/1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 375 g/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g/½ cup white chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder, scraping down the bowl occasionally until all the flour has been incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and cranberries and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc and line a brownie pan/casserole dish with baking paper.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan and place in the oven. Allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into bars.