Juicy chicken patties flavored with lemon zest and Parmesan. A delicious, healthy dinner option served with salad or as burgers with all your favorite toppings.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Ground chicken / Chicken mince.
- Fresh lemon.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Breadcrumbs. I used panko but you can use fresh/gluten free too.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make chicken patties
- Make the patties: Combine the chicken with all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until just combined, take care not to overmix as the patties can become tough. With wet hands, form the chicken mixture into four patties and place on a parchment-lined plate/sheetpan.
- Cook: Preheat a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.
Can I make this ahead?
- Make ahead: The patties can be formed and kept in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days before cooking. Place cooked patties in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat the patties in a warm pan or in the microwave oven before serving.
- Freezing instructions: Raw patties can be frozen for up to 3 months. Form the patties then transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Allow to freeze until solid then transfer to a freezer bag or container. You can bake the patties from frozen until golden brown and cooked through or thaw completely before cooking in a pan.
Ground chicken recipes
Lemon Parmesan chicken patties
- 500 g (1lb) chicken mince / ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into 4 patties and place on a parchment-lined plate or baking sheet.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Add the chicken patties and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until the chicken patties are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.