There is no easier way to entertain than with this simple but super impressive pancake breakfast board. Add all your favorites for a casual feast!
With the holidays right around the corner, I’m starting to think about ways to feed a crowd that don’t involve hours spent in the kitchen. I love serving boards of all kinds as it means guests can build their own plates and there’s less hassle. There’s also just always a moment of “oooohhh!” when you serve food piled onto a board. Cheese boards, charcuterie, desserts? Yup, always the same response.
This pancake breakfast board is no different. It’s impressive, easy and perfect for feeding the masses for breakfast or brunch. It’s also versatile so serve all of your favorite pancake toppings and additions and make it your own!
Table of Contents
Pancake recipes to use:
What can I add to my pancake breakfast board?
- Fruit – Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced kiwi and banana.
- Vegetables – Sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms.
- Crispy bacon.
- Smoked salmon. Make blini-style pancakes with cream cheese and dollops of caviar.
- Scrambled eggs.
- Grated cheese.
- Maple syrup / Honey.
- Berry sauce.
- Nutella. Nut butters will also be good.
- Whipped cream.
Can I make this ahead?
Absolutely. You can make the pancake batter 2 days ahead and keep it in the fridge. The pancakes can be made the night before and just quickly warmed up in a hot pan before assembling the board. Bacon and eggs are best made just before serving but the best way to do this is to bake the bacon on a large baking tray. No mess, no fuss!
Platters to feed a crowd
- Easy breakfast board
- The ultimate cheese board
- Greek mezze platter
- Easy holiday dessert board
- Crudité platter with easy sour cream dip
Pancake breakfast board
- buttermilk pancakes
- crispy bacon
- maple syrup
- Make the pancakes according to recipe instructions.
- Place cooked pancakes onto a large serving platter or board.
- Arrange fresh fruit, bacon and maple syrup onto platter before serving.