If you’re a fellow Air Fryer obsessive, you have to try these juicy lemon rosemary chicken thighs. They’re easy and perfect for dinner.
Table of Contents
- Chicken thighs. I used bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. Any bone-in chicken pieces can be used as substitute. Boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts can be used too, they will just cook much faster.
- Rosemary. Other fresh herbs like thyme, parsley and oregano work well with chicken.
- Fresh garlic cloves.
- Smoked paprika. Other spices like garlic powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes/chilli flakes, etc. can be used too.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Olive oil.
How to cook chicken thighs in an air fryer
- Make the marinade: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, crushed garlic, finely chopped rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel. Pour over chicken thighs and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes but ideally up to 24 hours in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cook in the air fryer: Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket, skin side up, then air fry at 180ºc/350ºF for 15 minutes. Turn the heat up to 200ºc/390ºF and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked through, crisp and golden. Remove fro the Air fryer and allow to rest for 5 mins then serve.
Marinate the thighs as above. Preheat the oven to 200ºc/390ºF and bake the thighs for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
Can I make this ahead?
The chicken can be marinated up to 24 hours ahead and kept in the fridge. You could also freeze the chicken in the marinade for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before air frying. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
How long to cook chicken thighs
Bone-in chicken thighs take a little longer to cook than boneless chicken. Chicken thighs take approximately 25-30 minutes to cook, depending on temperature and size. They are cooked when their internal temperature reads 73ºC/165ºF when a meat thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the chicken or when the meat is opaque throughout and the juices run clear when cut. However, keep in mind that the chicken will continue cooking as it rests so removing it from the heat a little sooner is a good idea.
What to serve with air fryer chicken thighs
I love serving chicken thighs with potatoes and salad but a vegetable side dish like sautéed broccolini is also a great option.
Chicken thigh recipes
- Sweet and spicy baked chicken thighs
- Chicken Piccata Thighs
- Crispy chicken thighs on cheesy broccoli rice
Lemon Rosemary Air fryer chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, crushed garlic, finely chopped rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken thighs and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs in the air fryer then cook at 180ºc/350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 200ºc/390ºF and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked through, crisp and golden.
- Remove from the Air fryer and allow to rest for 5 mins then serve.