If you’re a fellow Air Fryer obsessive, you have to try these juicy lemon rosemary chicken thighs. They’re easy and perfect for dinner.
Full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken thighs. I used skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs.
- Salt and pepper.
- Olive oil.
How to cook chicken thighs in an air fryer
- Make the marinade: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, crushed garlic, finely chopped rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken thighs and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Cook in the air fryer: Place the marinated chicken thighs in the air fryer then cook at 180ºc/350ºF for 15 miutes. Turn the heat up to 200ºc/390ºF and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked through, crisp and golden. Remove fro the Air fryer and allow to rest for 5 mins then serve.
Marinate the thighs as above. Preheat the oven to 200ºc/390ºF and bake the thighs for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
How long to cook chicken thighs
Bone-in chicken thighs take a little longer to cook than boneless chicken. Chicken thighs take approximately 25-30 minutes to cook, depending on temperature and size. They are cooked when a meat thermometer reads 73ºC/165ºF when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken or when the meat is opaque throughout and the juices run clear when cut. However, keep in mind that the chicken will continue cooking as it rests so removing it from the heat a little sooner is a good idea.
What to serve with air fryer chicken thighs
- Easy green salad with lemon Parmesan dressing
- Grilled Fattoush Salad with Eggplant
- Easy tomato feta green bean salad
Chicken thigh recipes
- Sweet and spicy baked chicken thighs
- Chicken Piccata Thighs
- Crispy chicken thighs on cheesy broccoli rice
Lemon Rosemary Air fryer chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, crushed garlic, finely chopped rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken thighs and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs in the air fryer then cook at 180ºc/350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 200ºc/390ºF and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked through, crisp and golden.
- Remove from the Air fryer and allow to rest for 5 mins then serve.
I liked the recipe and the ease of execution but the suggested cooking time in an air fryer was/is too much. I had 4 oz/boneless chicken thighs and cooked them on the low end of your suggestion and they ended up very dry.
Made these with turkey thighs, which I find much better than chicken thighs, and they were delicious. Definitely a keeper
Thank you soooo much for this wonderful recipe. Also thanks for air- fryer recipes in general!
I made this Lemon rosemary air fryer chicken thighs, with the Tomato feta and green bean salad for supper last night. This is the first of your recipes I have tried. It was delicious – moist and crispy, just as you promised. We loved it. Thank you for sharing your skills!!!
This afternoon I make the Prego roll marinade. Guess what’s for lunch tomorrow?
So happy that you loved it Margie. Hope you liked the Prego rolls!