Juicy garlic lemon chicken breasts cooked in creamy Parmesan sauce is an easy, delicious dinner recipe perfect served with pasta.
How to make creamy lemon chicken
- Olive oil.
- Chicken breasts. Chicken breasts cook quickly but chicken thighs can also be used. Cooking time will need to be adjusted though.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Heavy/whipping cream.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Dried oregano.
- Prepare the chicken: Place skinless, boneless chicken breasts in between two layers of parchment paper and flatten out to approximately 1cm/half inch with a rolling pin/meat mallet. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken and make the sauce: Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 1-2 minute or until they are golden brown on both sides. Tip: If the chicken sticks, leave it for a little while longer. The chicken will release from the pan once it’s formed a golden crust. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, remove from the pan and set aside. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and then the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the cream and lemon juice. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Add the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken back into the pan and allow to cook for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve: Serve the chicken with cooked pasta or side dishes of your choice.
What to serve with lemon chicken
- Cooked pasta of your choice.
- Creamy mashed potatoes.
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Creamy mushroom rice
- Easy spicy garlic roasted broccoli
Chicken breast recipes
- Easy broccoli cheddar chicken
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
- Creamy spinach garlic chicken
- Easy Parmesan crusted chicken
Creamy Parmesan Lemon Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts (boneless + skinless)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed/minced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in between to sheets of parchment paper or plastic and flatten out to approximately 1cm/half inch with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and season on both sides with the oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub in the spices.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add the olive oil and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the cream and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer then add the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Add the chicken back in, reduce the heat and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Season, garnish with parsley and serve.