Juicy garlic lemon chicken breasts cooked in creamy Parmesan sauce is an easy, delicious dinner recipe perfect served with pasta.
Full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.03
- Olive oil.
- Chicken breasts. Chicken breasts cook quickly but chicken thighs can also be used. Cooking time will need to be adjusted though.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Heavy/whipping cream.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Dried oregano.
How to make creamy lemon chicken
- Prepare the chicken: Place skinless, boneless chicken breasts in between two layers of parchment paper and flatten out to approximately 1cm/half inch with a rolling pin/meat mallet. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken and make the sauce: Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 1-2 minute or until they are golden brown on both sides. Tip: If the chicken sticks, leave it for a little while longer. The chicken will release from the pan once it’s formed a golden crust. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, remove from the pan and set aside. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and then the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the cream and lemon juice. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Add the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken back into the pan and allow to cook for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve: Serve the chicken with cooked pasta or side dishes of your choice.
What to serve with lemon chicken
- Cooked pasta of your choice.
- Creamy mashed potatoes.
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Creamy mushroom rice
- Easy spicy garlic roasted broccoli
Chicken breast recipes
- Easy broccoli cheddar chicken
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
- Creamy spinach garlic chicken
- Easy Parmesan crusted chicken
Creamy Parmesan Lemon Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts (boneless + skinless)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed/minced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in between to sheets of parchment paper or plastic and flatten out to approximately 1cm/half inch with a rolling pin or a meat mallet.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and season on both sides with the oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub in the spices.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add the olive oil and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the cream and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer then add the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Add the chicken back in, reduce the heat and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Season, garnish with parsley and serve.