Chocolate chip cookie bars stuffed with Nutella is the most moreish, decadent dessert topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Perfection in every bite.
You know those chocolate chip cookies you love so much? What if I told you that you can make them infinitely better by stuffing them with everyone’s favourite, Nutella, and bake them into epic cookie bars? Sounds pretty unbelievable, right? Now top that warm, gooey nutella-stuffed choc chip cookie bar with a dollop of ice cream and you have yourself a pretty good time.
I used my trusty Chocolate chip cookie recipe and simply pressed the dough into a lined square cake pan before spreading on ALL of the Nutella and topping that with another layer of cookie dough. I mean, how is there any way this couldn’t turn out totally decadent and delicious, right?
I made these cookie bars last week and within minutes they were gone. They were such a hit with the kids and their friends and I might or might not have eaten my fair-share of them too!
How to make Nutella stuffed cookie bars
Mix the cookie dough as per instructions and then press half of the mixture into a parchment-lined square baking tray. Spread over Nutella and cover with the remaining cookie dough. Bake until golden brown then remove and allow to cool before slicing and serving.
How do you turn a cookie recipe into a bar?
Any cookie recipe can be turned into a bar. Simply press the dough into a parchment-lined high-sided baking dish (metal works best) then bake until the cookie bars are golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean. You can extend the baking time if you want a drier cookie bar but I prefer cookie bars to be a little gooey in the center. Allow to cool before slicing.
Nutella-stuffed choc chip cookie bars
- 1 x Choc chip cookie dough
- 1½ cups Nutella
- Ice cream to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc and line a 20cmx20cm square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the cookie dough according to recipe instructions then press half of the dough into the bottom of the lined cake pan.
- Spread over the Nutella then add the remaining dough and smooth down.
- Place the cake pan into the oven and allow to bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top of the bars brown too fast, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
- Remove the baked bars from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and allowing to cool for a further 10 minutes.
- Carefully slice the bars (they might still be very gooey in the middle).
- Serve topped with a scoop of ice cream.