Chocolate chip cookie bars stuffed with Nutella is the most moreish, decadent dessert topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Perfection in every bite.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough: I use my standard choc chip cookie dough recipe but you can use any recipe you like.
- Nutella. The Nutella can be substituted with peanut butter or dulce de leche.
How to make Nutella stuffed cookie bars
- Make the cookie dough: Mix the cookie dough as per instructions. No need to chill the dough.
- Stuff the cookie dough: Press half of the mixture into a parchment-lined square baking tray. Spread over Nutella and cover with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the baking dish. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
How do you turn a cookie recipe into a bar?
Any cookie recipe can be turned into a bar. Simply press the dough into a parchment-lined high-sided baking dish (metal works best) then bake until the cookie bars are golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean. You can extend the baking time if you want a drier cookie bar but I prefer cookie bars to be a little gooey in the center. Allow to cool before slicing.
Can I make cookie bars ahead?
Yes, absolutely. This recipe can be prepped up to two days ahead and kept covered in the fridge before baking. Baked, this recipe will last for up to 3 days kept covered in a cool place.
- Festive white chocolate dipped ginger cookies
- Coconut oatmeal cookies
- White chocolate cranberry cookie bars
Nutella-stuffed choc chip cookie bars
- 1 x Choc chip cookie dough
- 1½ cups Nutella
- Ice cream to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc and line a 20cmx20cm square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the cookie dough according to recipe instructions then press half of the dough into the bottom of the lined cake pan.
- Spread over the Nutella then add the remaining dough and smooth down.
- Place the cake pan into the oven and allow to bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top of the bars brown too fast, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
- Remove the baked bars from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and allowing to cool for a further 10 minutes.
- Carefully slice the bars (they might still be very gooey in the middle).
- Serve topped with a scoop of ice cream.
I made it yesterday. It is very good. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Great recipe. They were scrumptious.
So glad you liked the bars Janelle!
Great recipe, I have tried it the other days after seeing the blog post. I like the fact that it can be done pretty easy. Thank you for sharing!
I’m so glad to hear that Kathleen!
Laura | Tutti Dolci
You had me at Nutella! 🙂 These bars are perfection!
Thanks so much Laura!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
OMG Alida! I watched the video while I was on the treadmill at the gym! I wanted to get right off and get baking! Lol!
Haha! Love it!