This recipe for loaded fries is the very best use of leftover pulled pork and will be an instant crowd pleaser. Cheesy and meaty, what more could you want?
This loaded French fries recipe couldn’t be simpler and requires only a few ingredients. I often freeze leftover pulled pork to use in this recipe but even store-bought pulled pork will work well. I made my own oven baked fries but you can use frozen fries too.
- Leftover pulled pork.
- Olive oil.
- Cheese. I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese but any good melting cheese like Gouda, Provolone, Gruyere, etc. will be delicious.
- Garnish: These are optional. Chopped parsley, sliced green onions/spring onions, fresh chillies.
How to make loaded fries
- Make the fries: Slice large potatoes into chunky fries then place onto a large sheet pan or baking sheet. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil and season generously with salt. Place in a hot oven and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and crisp. You can make the fries in an air fryer too.
- Assemble loaded fries: Remove the crispy French fries from the oven then top with pulled pork and grated or shredded cheese and chillies. You can assemble the fries in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe serving platter too. Place back in the oven and allow to cook until the cheese has melted, approximately 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Garnish with chillies, spring onions and parsley and serve immediately.
What else can I add?
Other topping ideas include cheese sauce, crispy bacon, ground beef or taco meat, baked beans, corn or sautéed mushrooms. Toppings to add once the loaded fries come out of the oven include guacamole, salsa, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, ranch dressing and pickled jalapeños.
French fry recipes
Pulled pork loaded fries
- 6 large potatoes cut into chunky chips/fries
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 2 cups left-over pulled pork
- 2 cups grated cheese of your choice I used mozzarella and cheddar
- sliced fresh chili optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Place the chips in a large bowl and toss with the oil and salt.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven.
- Allow the chips to bake for 50-60 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp (turn the chips approximately halfway through cooking).
- Remove the chips from the oven then top with the pulled pork, cheese and chillies.
- Place back in the oven and allow the pork to heat through and the cheese to melt (between 5-10 minutes).
- Remove and serve.
@simplydeliciousfood The best use for leftover pulled pork. #pulledpork #cheesefries #loadedfrenchfries ? Make It Better (Instrumental) - Anderson .Paak