A big pan of Baked jalapeño cheese fries is the ultimate easy recipe to make for a crowd. Perfect for game day snacking or when you just need cheesy fries in your life.
So, OK. We all know we shouldn’t want to eat crispy fries drenched in melted cheese and spicy jalapeños, but we do. And sometimes those cravings need to become a reality and in those moments, these baked jalapeño cheese fries will be there for you.
And let me just tell you that your friends and family will love nothing more than being served a big pan filled with cheese fries at your next gathering. Hello Superbowl Sunday!
How do you make cheese fries?
You can use baked fries, frozen frozen fries (cooked) or freshly fried fries to make cheese fries. Top the cooked fries with shredded cheese. I like using mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Toss the fries lightly. Top with pickled jalapeños then place in a hot oven. Allow to bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from the oven, scatter with chopped chives and more freshly chopped chillies then serve.
How do you make french fries crispy in the oven?
Slice large potatoes into fries then toss with vegetable oil (I used canola) and salt. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake at 200ºC/390ºF until crisp and golden. I give them a flip half way through to make sure they all crisp evenly.
What is the best cheese to use for cheese fries?
A mixture of a good melting cheese and a strong cheese for flavor is ideal. Mozzarella, Fontina and Raclette are all great melting cheeses. For flavor, try a good strong, mature cheddar or Gruyere. Parmesan and Pecorino are also good additions.
Delicious game day food
- Buffalo chicken sliders with blue cheese sauce
- Baked apricot sticky chicken wings
- Chicken chili bowls with home-made tortilla chips
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges
- Cheesy pulled pork loaded fries
- Quick and easy guacamole
- Asian baked chicken wings
- Cheesy jalapeño popper potato skins
Baked jalapeño cheese fries
- Oven baked fries (Click for recipe)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pickled jalapeños chopped
- fresh chives chopped (optional)
- sliced chillies (optional)
- Bake the fries as instructed.
- When the fries are baked, layer in a large pan with the grated cheese and jalapeños.
- Place back in the oven and allow to bake until the cheese has melted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh chopped chives and chillies. Serve.