Rocky road brownies
Rich, fudgy brownies topped with silky chocolate ganache, mini marshmallows, cherries and pecans. Who could say no to one of these rocky road brownies?!
You guys, we’re officially in cookie season, right? Well to be honest, I’m never NOT in cookie season, but you know what I mean? December means HOLIDAY BAKING (insert cheers and confetti here)! I love all the cookies and bars that are in abundance at this time of the year and I always try to keep the cookie jars stocked. I also love giving people treats as gifts and this year these rocky road brownies will be my treat of choice.
Because what is better than rich, squidgy, fudgy brownies? Yep, you guessed it. Brownies topped with everything you love in a classic Rocky Road bar. Silky chocolate ganache, mini marshmallows, pecan nuts and glace cherries all on top of a brownie? Uh, yes please! I used my favourite brownie box kit which makes this recipe even easier but if you wanted you could totally bake your own from scratch. My triple chocolate coconut brownies would be awesome with this.
Your friends and family will absolutely LOVE these rocky road brownies. That is if you share them at all. I totally won’t judge if you don’t. 😉
How do you make rocky road brownies?
Use your favorite brownie recipe and bake as usual. When cooled, pour over rich chocolate gamache and top with nuts, mini marshmallows and cherries then add another drizzle of chocolate and allow to set. Slice and package/serve.
Christmas baking ideas
- White chocolate cranberry cookie bars
- Nutella-stuffed choc chip cookie bars
- Easy spiced soft sugar cookies
- Caramel-stuffed choc chunk cookies
- Triple chocolate coconut brownies
- Classic fruit cake with salted maple syrup
Rocky Road brownies
- 1 box brownie mix Baked according to instructions
For the topping
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
- 125 ml` cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup glace cherries
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- Mix and bake the brownies according to package instructions. Allow to cool completely then trim off top if necessary.
- To make the ganache, mix together the dark chocolate and cream in a microwaveable jug and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Pour 3/4 of the ganache over the top of the brownies.
- Top with the mini marshmallows, cherries and pecans. Drizzle over the remaining ganache and place in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.