Pecorino crumbed Chicken on salad.
No long explanations today about why this is delicious. All you need to know is this is very low-carb as the mentioned ‘crumb’ is simply finely grated pecorino and it is incredibly delicious. The cheese adds a lovely richness and feels completely indulgent. Served on a salad of baby butter lettuce, tomatoes, bocconcini and avo, this makes a great lunch or supper.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200g Pecorino, finely grated (you can also place chunks of Pecorino in a food processor and blend until very fine)
- 2 egg whites
- salad ingredients of your choice
- Place the egg whites and Pecorino in two separate bowls.
- With a rolling pin/meat mallet, flatten the chicken breasts slightly.
- Cover the chicken breasts first with egg white and then with the pecorino. You can repeat this process for a thicker crust.
- To cook the chicken, fry/bake until golden brown and cooked through. If baking, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and place in a very hot oven.
- To serve, slice the chicken and serve with salad.